simpson 5-point harness

This is a discussion on simpson 5-point harness within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 5-point harness that i will be using for auto-x this year. i have never installed one before ...

simpson 5-point harness

i have a 5-point harness that i will be using for auto-x this year. i have never installed one before and wanted to know if i need anything special to put it in or if i can use the stock seat mounting bolts. the rear straps are the longer versions so they dont have to mount to a rear seat harness bar. thx guys
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd like to know some ideas on how to mount the crotch strap

well, i got all the straps bolted except the crotch strap. i bolted the shoulder straps to the bolt that holds the bottom of the rear seat in place (directly behind the drivers seat). to do this i went to the hardware store, paid 79 cents, and got a longer version of the stock bolt (about .5 inch longer). the side straps i bolted to the rear stock seat bolts. the crotch strap i am gonna bolt to the floor right under the seat, but in the middle. i found a raised "bar" right under the rear seat, there is not bolt there right now but i am gonna drill it, thread it and bolt it down that way. (assuming i will not drill thru something that isnt supposed to be drilled) i think the only thing i will change is get some eye hooks to go on all the bolts and some clips so i can easily install/remove the harness without having to get my trusty ratchet set.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)