Receiver Shopping...

This is a discussion on Receiver Shopping... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been digging around for reviews on various receivers but can't seem to come up with one. Here's the deal....I've ...

Receiver Shopping...

I've been digging around for reviews on various receivers but can't seem to come up with one.

Here's the deal....I've upgraded all the speakers in the car to Polk. Running SR components up front, DB's in the rear door and a set of DB's (soon to be upgraded) fabricated in the rear parcel shelf. Running a 500Wx4 Polk Momo amp. I hid everything and kept the stock HU to keep from enticing thieves.

I'm at the point now that I need to upgrade the HU but can't seem to find glowing results with any one brand. I don't need NAV but would like to get an 'HD Radio Ready' as well as 'XM Ready' unit and it has to allow iPod plug in. I'd prefer and integrated cable as opposed to a plug in port at the front.

I will miss the 6-disc in dash.

Any ideas?

Jeremy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    HD radio is kinda stupid but no worries, XM radio is the wrong Satellite Radio, Definitely get Sirius.

Jim Cramer was just saying a couple weeks ago that XM is not in good shape, I know they have lost a couple million listeners to Sirius in the past couple years.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I'd go with Alpine. Thats all i've ran the past 10+ years its great stuff.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

The chances of me signing up for the satellite radio is pretty slim but I'd rather have the option of it so that I don't have to get another receiver. As far as Sirius over the XM, that's good info to know. Thanks! I think I'd be more inclined to get the HD.

I heard Alpine is good. The only thing I don't care for (and maybe I'm nitpicking) is the cheesy buttons they mount on the face. For years I thought they simply looked cheap. I'm trying to stay away from Pioneer. In the past, I had a Premier (Pioneer upper end) deck and kept having problems with poor contact of the faceplate. Just recently, a friend said he was having the same problems with his Pioneer. Apparently, the problem isn't resolved.

Thanks for the info!

Jeremy

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I spent 35 bucks on my Kenwood with ipod cable on ebay
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~