key will not turn. please help

This is a discussion on key will not turn. please help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i turned my steering wheel while my car was off. now when i put the key it it will not ...

key will not turn. please help

i turned my steering wheel while my car was off. now when i put the key it it will not let me turn the key or move the steering wheel back to where it was. someone please help, i tried using my remote unlock and i disconnected the battery.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its within your steering.. try moving the wheel left to right (vice vesa) as you turn the key..

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    i turned my steering wheel while my car was off. now when i put the key it it will not let me turn the key or move the steering wheel back to where it was. someone please help, i tried using my remote unlock and i disconnected the battery.
    you just have to turn the wheel a tiny bit and will allow you to turn the key and unlock the wheel. i think its the same direction as the wheel is turned....so if its all the way to the left just barley crank it to the left and you should be able to turn the key
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

I Support ClubWRX
    What they said.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Yeah... it's just that the wheel locks up when you turn it after it's off... what's the actual reason for this though?

And I thought it was common knowledge how to fix it...

i finally got it, had to get out of the car and pull up on the wheel as hard as i could while my lil brother turned the key. who needs a jack when i can just pull up on the wheel and lift the tires off the ground lol.

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    i finally got it, had to get out of the car and pull up on the wheel as hard as i could while my lil brother turned the key. who needs a jack when i can just pull up on the wheel and lift the tires off the ground lol.
    Are you saying you pulled on the wheel, as in the wheel/tire wheel?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Are you saying you pulled on the wheel, as in the wheel/tire wheel?
    steering wheel

ok the whole lifting the tires comment was misleading, just making sure haha.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2