Tru Billet 4x100 (with pics)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tru Billet 4x100 (with pics) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Tru Billet 4x100 (with pics) Ever since I had a TO3 4.150, I have always had a thing for TRU. ...

Ever since I had a TO3 4.150, I have always had a thing for TRU. I wish I had never sold it, and I didn't think I would ever have one again. Instead of buying 5 more amps and wasting money for months, I bit the bullet and went for what I really wanted. I will not be saying how much it cost me, so don't PM and ask. I am very happy with the deal and can give you a contact if interested.

Channels C+D will be running a single IDQ 10" v3 sub. I dont know if it will be enough power. If its not, I'll change subs. This amp is going to be a permanent part of my collection, and I will never make the mistake of selling it again.

Channels A+B will be running a front component set which I do not own yet. I am aiming towards a Pioneer PRS set a lot of people like, or simply Focal Polyglass. I have had Polyglass slims and regulars, along with K2P. the K2P definitely sounded better, but are way too big for my install desires.

2011 VW GTI - K04

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude you crack me up . Its been 2 weeks since you started your build thread, and you are on V3 already.

You'll be happy with those IDQ's, my all time favorite sub.

FYI: Your box is still way too big. IDQ's love a very small enclosure!

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...d=idq&type=sub

I put 4 IDQ 10's in a customers Duramax several years ago. Unfinished pics of the box I made.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...1&postcount=11

Box volume was right at around .45cuft a section. Note the box was essentially 4 separate sealed enclosures, and was very very stiff. It produced phenomenal sound.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Dude you crack me up . Its been 2 weeks since you started your build thread, and you are on V3 already.

You'll be happy with those IDQ's, my all time favorite sub.

FYI: Your box is still way too big. IDQ's love a very small enclosure!

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...d=idq&type=sub

I put 4 IDQ 10's in a customers Duramax several years ago. Unfinished pics of the box I made.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...1&postcount=11

Box volume was right at around .45cuft a section. Note the box was essentially 4 separate sealed enclosures, and was very very stiff. It produced phenomenal sound.
    Version 3 amp is final. Mark my words. If you knew how much it cost me you'd understand why I will never sell it. I trust no amp more than TRU.
    Thanks for the box tips. If the amp has enough power for the sub, I might modify the box a bit then.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

I Support ClubWRX
    make sure to purchase added insurance to cover your equipment. Having had my sytems stolen a few times I can tell you the extra coverage is very nice. And it can be had for pennies on the dollar. I think for $3000 worth of coverage on my old system it was around $20 every 6 months.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    make sure to purchase added insurance to cover your equipment. Having had my sytems stolen a few times I can tell you the extra coverage is very nice. And it can be had for pennies on the dollar. I think for $3000 worth of coverage on my old system it was around $20 every 6 months.
    ya i got insurance now, but its on all my old stuff ive since taken out. now i need to change it to my new stuff. but mainly just this amp.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

Built in fans enclosed in the heat sink on each side:

Tried to get a little better pic of the overall look:

Closeup of the etching in the metal:

2011 VW GTI - K04

Updates:

On a side note.. McIntosh found nothing wrong with the MC427 amp so far on bench tests… Man I will flip out if my brand new 9887 deck has an issue. I had changed from the front RCA to the rear RCA on the deck to make sure it wasn’t a front RCA issue. If McIntosh sends it back with no issues.. and if I hear noise in my TRU… then I know its my deck after all. I’m just using a standard deck aftermarket harness with no strange wiring. My decks ground is going to the harness adapters ground wire, not to a separate ground. I figure if the ground was bad it would not be intermittent. I have tried 3 brand new RCA cables, so it wasn’t a RCA issue. And it wasn’t a CDT speaker issue, the noise followed the amp output from door to door. I find it hard to swallow that a new sealed 9887 with serial number would be bad out of box.

My new amp rack fiberglass tub arrived today, I inspected it. Its killer of course. It bolts to the MDF and the MDF has nut serts in the holes, so its very sturdy. I put paper over the back of the amp, cut it to size, then indented my 4 bolt holes. I will drill the rack using that paper, then bolt up the amp.

I have a new trunk carpet on order to replace my dirty one. I can’t install anything until it arrives in a day or two.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

I Support ClubWRX
    I have had issues with the Alpine HU's in the past. Their internal cirutry isn't the greatest and the some of their "MOSFET HIGH OUTPUT" units require a separate dedicated run power lead. After the last Alpine I decided no more. Out of all the decks I have owned and installed over the years, the only ones that haven't given me fits were the "Pioneer Premier" and top of the line "Kenwood" offerings.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2011 VW GTI - K04

The system is SICK. The IDQ is way better than I ever imagined. At least twice as loud as my 10W6v2 was off double the power. The sub booms loud at volume 10, and I had to go to 20+ with my W6 to hear anything. I love this sub, it reminds me of my JL 10W3v2, yet seems to go deeper. Yet is sounds like it has better SQ than the W3. I can't wait to listen to my whole IASCA CD tomorrow and audition it fully. The sub RCA is at "15" which is full RCA power. Maybe thats why its so incredibly loud. I have no bass boost whatsoever yet. All EQ is flat.

The TRU amp is insanely clean power. Only the sub is hooked to the TRU. My TRU gain is set to half way, and the per-amp is "on" I think. Everything else on the TRU is disabled. My 9887 crossover is doing 80Hz LP to my sub. Then I had alpine type-s off deck power and stock rears off deck power. (no tweet in rear doors, just a mid). It already sounds amazing, so I'm in no hurry to install my upcoming Pioneer PRS components.

Notice the brand new high end carpet which I installed today, and got rid of the dirty stained one in my previous pictures. I really feel incredible tonight, its been a long 4-6 weeks of work, at least 2-3 hours every day between work. I gotta finally get a good nights sleep without worrying about my system all night.

2011 VW GTI - K04

Sorry, this is probably a dumb question, but doesn't that shake the crap out of your trunk and buzz like crazy. I have a simple little Infinity Basslink in my trunk and it's always buzzing on very low volume. Did you Dynamat the trunk or something similar?
    Sorry to hijack. Nice amp by the way.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

The whole car is dynamatted. Check my other longer threads.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.