Subaru OEM JDM Door sills install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru OEM JDM Door sills install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK this is an update to the following thread: http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php...opic=55627&hl= Well, what happened was that the MOMO door sills, while ...

Subaru OEM JDM Door sills install

OK this is an update to the following thread:
    http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php...opic=55627&hl=

Well, what happened was that the MOMO door sills, while they looked pretty sweet, didn't really have very good adhesive tape on them. At least once or twice my foot would catch on the sills and bend them or tear them off...

Finally I decided to knuckle up and just get these instead from
    http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...ey=069-013-001

Yes they're quite a bit more expensive, but those MOMO sills are no longer available... at least not for the price that I got before! (FYI - there's a 10% NASIOC discount available - PM the japanparts vendor for more info)

We'll see just how the new ones hold up, but first impressions are as follows:
    Pretty good adhesive (and a lot of it!). Seems like a much more secure bond to the plastic. The overall installation is the same as before.
    Subaru includes a 3M preparation cloth to wipe down the parts and get them ready for the bond. Plus they're a totally OEM appearance... I just wish Subaru had included them with the car in the first place. Here are some pics... you can compare them to the pics in my other thread.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new sills_001web.jpg   new sills_004web.jpg   new sills_005web.jpg   new sills_006web.jpg   new sills_007web.jpg  

Last edited by cannibal869; 03-18-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think new floor mats would have been a better cosmetic investment.

Links dont work
    Bugeye Mafia #185
    Blobeye Syndicate #38
    San Remo Alliance............#002

Wink

sorry fixed the links.

Personally I like the floor mats. I'm not a fan of the carpet things that they included with the car. I like the rubber ones (usually ones with deep grooves in it) cause when I was in NY, I would track rain, snow, and sand into the car. The rubber is just vastly easier to clean.

Granted the "racer" ones are a little ricey, but I like them so there.
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

You could buy some of the Subaru all whether floormats. Really nice looking, they even say Subaru on them. $69 at the dealership parts department. I got them as soon as I got my '07 because the carpet in these cars is so ****ty. Just a thought.
    Mods are like tatoos, they're addicting, but at least you can take mods back off when your ass starts sagging

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.