What kinda boost gauge should i get for 2006 wrx

This is a discussion on What kinda boost gauge should i get for 2006 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey sup I just got a question. What kinda boost gauge should i get for a 2006 wrx. I am ...

What kinda boost gauge should i get for 2006 wrx

Hey sup I just got a question. What kinda boost gauge should i get for a 2006 wrx. I am not sure and i don't know anything about them. How much do you think it would cost for installion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seems like Autometer is the the way to go. Many people use that and few AEM, gauges can be a bit pricey. not sure on price for installation, but im sure if you get in good with someone here to help you out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akazempoor
    Hey sup I just got a question. What kinda boost gauge should i get for a 2006 wrx. I am not sure and i don't know anything about them. How much do you think it would cost for installion?
    If you're stock, I'd suggest the OEM gauge. The installation isn't too difficult - I'm sure there's a DIY writeup either on here/Nasioc
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ya, i would go with the OEM if your stock. The gauge is going to be about 200. You can order it on Fastwrx.com or Subaruwrxparts.com. I have the OEM gauge myself and it looks pretty dam good. To install.......well it shouldn't be to hard...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have a greddy boost gauge. the only bad thing is that it reads in bars instead of PSI. =|

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    OEM - reads in bars

Greddy - very good, very pricey
    Defi - very good, very pricey
    Apexi - very good, very pricey
    Autometer (LED backlighting) - very good, reasonably priced
    Autometer (bulb backlighting) -crap - cheap price
    Prosport - decent gauge, good price
    Glowshift - Crap, cheap price
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I have a Defi blue racer boost gauge that I got for under $200 and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    OEM - reads in bars

Greddy - very good, very pricey
    Defi - very good, very pricey
    Apexi - very good, very pricey
    Autometer (LED backlighting) - very good, reasonably priced
    Autometer (bulb backlighting) -crap - cheap price
    Prosport - decent gauge, good price
    Glowshift - Crap, cheap price
    Maddad Clarity gauges are also very good, and reasonably priced. OEM just isn't worth it because its expensive, on the smaller side, even smaller than standard 52mm I think, and like they said, reads in Bars. Find one that reads in PSIs and mmHG for vacuum.

I also recommend getting an electrical boost gauge, that way you don't have to worry about running plastic tubing and stuff inside the cabin, only wires for the sender unit. Its not really a problem, but it can be annoying. Supposedly the electrical is "more precise" in measurements, but this point can be argued both ways, and I'm yet to see evidence either direction.

I have Prosports and I dig them. They match dash lighting pretty well if you have an STI or WRX. I want something a little better, so I will probably look into the Maddad Clarity because they match even better than Prosports.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I like my stock gauge personally. It reads in bars, but it seems to be pretty dang precise. I've had an autometer boost gauge in a dsm hated it. they're cheap cheap light shows and nothing more. That's especially true when you get into a/f ratio gauges