2008 WRX Shifter Knob

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Shifter Knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How do you remove the shifter knob of an '08 WRX? Also, where can I get a nice replacement, something ...

Question 2008 WRX Shifter Knob

How do you remove the shifter knob of an '08 WRX?

Also, where can I get a nice replacement, something that's weighted?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My 06 just unscrews. Turn it counterclockwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PghRedBean View Post
    My 06 just unscrews. Turn it counterclockwise.
    +1. pretty sure the whole thing unscrews.

Quote Originally Posted by fragroute View Post
    How do you remove the shifter knob of an '08 WRX?

Also, where can I get a nice replacement, something that's weighted?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Push down
    2. Turn counterclockwise
    3. Pull knob off leather boot (you really gotta yank it)

I have the Razo Drift RA117 with is 480 grams (1 lb center weighted)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Shifter Knob Removal

I tried unscrewing it before I asked here, actually. But when I did, I ended up unscrewing part of the Subie's short-throw shifter (the metal rod where the knob is attached to) . So I thought, I definitely missed something because in my previous car (Scion tC), I simply twisted it and unscrewed the stock shifter knob.

well your question was answered above your last post. Apparently they changed it.

So you also came from the Scion tC land? Me too. I had a supercharged Silver tC. I thought it was pretty quick and it was, but the WRX made it feel slow.

In a way I wish I would have waited for an 08, but I got such a good deal on my 06 that I can't complain too much. Do I miss my tC? a little...but every time I hit the gas in the WRX I forget a little more about the Scion.

Quote Originally Posted by PghRedBean View Post
    well your question was answered above your last post. Apparently they changed it.

So you also came from the Scion tC land? Me too. I had a supercharged Silver tC. I thought it was pretty quick and it was, but the WRX made it feel slow.

In a way I wish I would have waited for an 08, but I got such a good deal on my 06 that I can't complain too much. Do I miss my tC? a little...but every time I hit the gas in the WRX I forget a little more about the Scion.
    Yeah, I came from Scion tC land. I had an '06 Azure Pearl with a few bolt-ons. It had a slushbox, too, so that was one of the reasons for the trade-in. Plus, and most importantly, it was a FWD.

Indeed, these WRX's can do more. I was doing 80 this morning and I just stepped on the gas some more while on 5th gear to see what it can do. Of course it did more. Tomorrow, I'm gonna receive my AccessPort from Perrin. Can't wait!!!

I'm gonna try if I can remove the knob without that metal piece coming off too.

Thanks to all of you!

i have an 08, the knob just unscrews and comes off... how did you know that the actual shifting shaft was turning instead of the knob itself? isn't that under the boot? if you want, you could take apart the center section and get under the boot to hold the shifting shaft still haha. but thats kind of a ***** haha