What speakers will fit in my 04 STi?

This is a discussion on What speakers will fit in my 04 STi? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 04 STi and need to do something about the dreadful stereo. I herd that very few speakers ...

What speakers will fit in my 04 STi?

I have a 04 STi and need to do something about the dreadful stereo. I herd that very few speakers will fit in the slim doors, so if you have advice that would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    go on to crutchfield.com they are the best car audio supplier. You enter your car in and they give you everything that fits.

I wouldn't trust Crutchfield, I found some wrong information on there. I was also told the wrong info when I went to Tweeter. The front speakers are 6.5" and the rears are 5.5".

You can fit most aftermarket speakers in there if you use 3/4" MDF spacers. This is necessary in the front so the windows will clear the magnet and go all the way down. In the rear doors, no spacers are required. This introduces another problem since the woofers can now hit the inside of the doors in the front. But I have some pretty serious speakers in the front doors with a lot of woofer travel (Alpine R series components) so if you're going with something a little more tame, you might not have a woofer travel problem.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading