Sliding sub box
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sliding sub box within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just put a single 12 in my trunk, any tips on how to keep it from sliding around.... the ...

Sliding sub box

i just put a single 12 in my trunk, any tips on how to keep it from sliding around.... the carpeting in the trunk seems to be the problem but idk i oculd be wrong...please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've used this with much success.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Rol...spagenameZWDVW

other wise, some bungee cords also worked well too.

good luck
    2008 Pearl White Hatch.
    Perrin Stage 1

Banned
    u could always screw it to the trunk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Rexzor View Post
    u could always screw it to the trunk
    which is always great when you blow out a tire

Banned
    Thats why i replaced my spare with NOS!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!1!!1!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    i just put a single 12 in my trunk, any tips on how to keep it from sliding around.... the carpeting in the trunk seems to be the problem but idk i oculd be wrong...please help.
    I use long strips of Velcro, works great. still easily removable when i'm hauling stuff.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Banned
    i like the NOS idea better...

I just made 2 little L brackets for the bottom of my box and then made another larger L bracket to mount from the top of the box to the sturdy frame right above the box, I just screwed everything down with some 5/16 inch hex screw that i use at work all the time, their very strong and self tapping. seems to work great for me Id hang from it if i could lol.

Let me know if youd like a pic but im sure you can picture what i just explained lol
    07 WRX TR
    | APS CAI | APS TMIC | SPT Short Throw Shifter | SRs 3" DP + Greedy EVO 2 CB | Blouch DOM 3.0R | Deatchwerks 750's | Walbro FP | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Up Pipe | Perrin EBCS | Prodrive Springs | 1-4 Helical PPG's | Pro Tuned by Mike @ GSTMotorsports 319 whp / 317 wtq @ 20 PSI |

Quote Originally Posted by 07wrx4life View Post
    I just made 2 little L brackets for the bottom of my box and then made another larger L bracket to mount from the top of the box to the sturdy frame right above the box, I just screwed everything down with some 5/16 inch hex screw that i use at work all the time, their very strong and self tapping. seems to work great for me Id hang from it if i could lol.

Let me know if youd like a pic but im sure you can picture what i just explained lol
    id like a pic
    open source stg 2, up/dp cbe, aem cai

Get a rear strut bar and fab. somthing to strap on to the bar. I have a wagon, so it's a little easier for me.

When i had my 04, i screwed 2 pipe clamps to the box. 2 hole straps and ran a short bunjee through them and hooked either end behind the seat. Worked great

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid View Post
    id like a pic
    Ask and you shall receive

I made the ****ty mounts out of an old aluminum computer case, im going to go to my buddies metal working place in a few days to make some better looking mounts because these seem to hold the box in there very well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sub box.JPG  
    07 WRX TR
    | APS CAI | APS TMIC | SPT Short Throw Shifter | SRs 3" DP + Greedy EVO 2 CB | Blouch DOM 3.0R | Deatchwerks 750's | Walbro FP | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Up Pipe | Perrin EBCS | Prodrive Springs | 1-4 Helical PPG's | Pro Tuned by Mike @ GSTMotorsports 319 whp / 317 wtq @ 20 PSI |

what series mtx sub is that?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    what series mtx sub is that?

9500 freakin things a beast 260 oz magnet on a 12" sub
    07 WRX TR

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    I use long strips of Velcro, works great. still easily removable when i'm hauling stuff.
    This is the way to go. In case of a flat tire and all.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.