Sliding sub box - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sliding sub box within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Go buy a rear strut bar and some 6 inch zip ties from Home Depot. Install the strut bar, which ...

Rear Strut Bar

Go buy a rear strut bar and some 6 inch zip ties from Home Depot. Install the strut bar, which is awesome in its own right, and than screw a few eye hole screws and zip those to the strut bar. Easy fix without any extra grief.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    which is always great when you blow out a tire
    In my previous car, I used a piano hinge to screw it down to the floor...if need be, I could access the spare tire by simply tilting the box.
    Worked like a charm, and no sliding.

Nok
    It's going to be slightly different depending on what shape/size/etc your box is, but like a poster above mentioned, L brackets are usually your best bet if you plan on keeping it there for awhile. Your local hardware store, or Lowe's/Home Depot/etc. should have plenty of L brackets to choose from.

I personally used just two L brackets on each top corner where my box meets my trunk wall... 1 1/2" L brackets and a few self-tapping screws and it doesn't go anywhere, plus the brackets are hidden quite well and like said above, i can simply just roll the bottom of the box back to get my spare if needed.
    2006 SGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by 07wrx4life View Post
    Ask and you shall receive

I made the ****ty mounts out of an old aluminum computer case, im going to go to my buddies metal working place in a few days to make some better looking mounts because these seem to hold the box in there very well
    is there no gas tank to worry about puncturing with those floor screws?
    2011 VW GTI - K04

the gas tank is well below the 1/8" long screw you would use. you only need to go into the floor board of the boot. dont know about your car, but my protege 5 has a wood boot board about 1/4" thick. just find something short and grab a few of them. you could also try this:

Spare Tire Sub Box - Team Integra

you would have to carry your spare off to the side and doesnt look that great, but you save A LOT OF SPACE and functionality of your boot as well. get some nice carpet that matches everything, and you have a sub that is a part of your car instead of sitting in your boot. it adds a lot to the SQ of the system as well. comparison: a door speaker hanging from your window, or in the door frame like the stock comes with. which would you think would sound better?

Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    the gas tank is well below the 1/8" long screw you would use. you only need to go into the floor board of the boot. dont know about your car, but my protege 5 has a wood boot board about 1/4" thick. just find something short and grab a few of them. you could also try this:

Spare Tire Sub Box - Team Integra

you would have to carry your spare off to the side and doesnt look that great, but you save A LOT OF SPACE and functionality of your boot as well. get some nice carpet that matches everything, and you have a sub that is a part of your car instead of sitting in your boot. it adds a lot to the SQ of the system as well. comparison: a door speaker hanging from your window, or in the door frame like the stock comes with. which would you think would sound better?
    bolting to the thin floorboard above the spare would be useless, it isnt even bolted down.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

it doesnt matter if its bolted down, its pretty much form fitted to the trunk area. i think he just wants something to prevent the box from moving around in his trunk when cornering hard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12