08 Upgrade to Nav system possible?

This is a discussion on 08 Upgrade to Nav system possible? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, The 08 STi model available to us (mexico) has no option for the Nav System setup available in the ...

08 Upgrade to Nav system possible?

Hi,

The 08 STi model available to us (mexico) has no option for the Nav System setup available in the states.

Does anyone know if it can be bought/upgraded as a kit by anyone (subaru or third party installers)?

Thanks for your comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

honestly price wise and performance wise you are better off to put in an after market deck. You can pick up a Kenwood or a Panasonic navi system for approx 1k complete, and it will have better sound, amp pre-outs and more functions, and ability to add on additional hardware, just my 2 cents.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    honestly price wise and performance wise you are better off to put in an after market deck. You can pick up a Kenwood or a Panasonic navi system for approx 1k complete, and it will have better sound, amp pre-outs and more functions, and ability to add on additional hardware, just my 2 cents.
    i think the factory nav is a kenwood unit
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Thanks for the feedback!

I did hear the overall sound and although I'm no audiophile, IMO it lacks plenty of punch.. (overall watts vs number of speakers).

I was actually interested in the subaru version so that I didn't need to mod things to fit an after market system in there. Being a newbie on the subject I just dont want to mess much with the original deck (size, bezels ,etc.)

If anyone happens to know of a good nav system that will fit (or do they come in standard sizes?) the 08 STi, I appreciate the feedback.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethol View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I did hear the overall sound and although I'm no audiophile, IMO it lacks plenty of punch.. (overall watts vs number of speakers).

I was actually interested in the subaru version so that I didn't need to mod things to fit an after market system in there. Being a newbie on the subject I just dont want to mess much with the original deck (size, bezels ,etc.)

If anyone happens to know of a good nav system that will fit (or do they come in standard sizes?) the 08 STi, I appreciate the feedback.
    stereo and nav units come in 2 sizes single Din and Double Din you need a Double din system
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Lethol View Post
    Hi,

The 08 STi model available to us (mexico) has no option for the Nav System setup available in the states.

Does anyone know if it can be bought/upgraded as a kit by anyone (subaru or third party installers)?

Thanks for your comments!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SUBARU-WRX-STI-P...QQcmdZViewItem

HAS ANYONE CONNECTED NAV TO THIS POP OUT DASH POD?