leather wrx?

This is a discussion on leather wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok guys im new..brand spankin new at that and im lookin into a new car and ive got it down ...

leather wrx?

Ok guys im new..brand spankin new at that and im lookin into a new car and ive got it down pretty much between the gti and 2008 wrx. Now my question is, is there the option of somehow gettin either factory or dealership installed leather seats? Without going aftermarket, just plain old wrx seats with leather.Thanks alot guys im really lookin forward to pickin up a scoobyru.

ps how is the stock sound system?
    Last edited by palmerwrx; 02-25-2008 at 11:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i know when i got my 07, there were WRX TR's, WRX's, and WRX premiums or something like that. and the pemiums came with a better stereo, a sunroof, and you guessed it.... leather seats. Of course this was 2,500 more so i laughed at the idea.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

the 2007 WRX limited was upwards of $28K. that's what you gotta pay for the luxury. the 08's are probably more.

I personally really like the GTI seats, especially the plaid ones.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

I have nothing relevant to add to this post except my last name is Palmer and I drive a wrx
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwrx View Post
    ps how is the stock sound system?
    Since no one has answered this question yet I'll take a crack at it. It sucks. If you're at all interested in music you'll likely want to upgrade it. Unless the '08s are radically different from my '05?

Quote Originally Posted by jcaputo View Post
    Since no one has answered this question yet I'll take a crack at it. It sucks. If you're at all interested in music you'll likely want to upgrade it. Unless the '08s are radically different from my '05?
    The regular WRX actually got the upgraded stereo, not just the Premium package cars. I think you need to get the premium package on the '08s to upgrade the stereo though, one of the ways they lowered the base price. I think the "base" stereo is 4-speakers, 80W, single CD (really grim). The "upgrade" is a 6 speaker, 120W (i think), 6 CD changer in-dash. That's the stereo in my car, and it's passable but not "good" by any means if you're into stereos.

I'd assume you can get leather on the '08s, just check the subaru site. Of course, it'll probably be paired up with sunroof, etc, etc, and give you a $28k WRX. At that point, a $22k GTI starts to look pretty good (though I don't think i'd drive another FWD "sports compact" again anytime soon).

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Leather was only available in the "limited" trims. The main reason I went with the new 07 instead of waiting on a new 08 (I bought when both were available) was because you could not get leather in the 08s. To my knowledge, this is planned for the entire model year. Most likely have to wait until 09 for that.

I absolutely LOVE my leather seats - they rock especially when you have kids kickin mud on them.

For 08 - if leather is a must, you either have to look at the speed3, or spend more and get a legacy. Or... my other favorite car is the Forrester Sport XT limited - still can get leather in those for 08.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo16v View Post
    The regular WRX actually got the upgraded stereo, not just the Premium package cars. I think you need to get the premium package on the '08s to upgrade the stereo though, one of the ways they lowered the base price. I think the "base" stereo is 4-speakers, 80W, single CD (really grim). The "upgrade" is a 6 speaker, 120W (i think), 6 CD changer in-dash. That's the stereo in my car, and it's passable but not "good" by any means if you're into stereos.

I'd assume you can get leather on the '08s, just check the subaru site. Of course, it'll probably be paired up with sunroof, etc, etc, and give you a $28k WRX. At that point, a $22k GTI starts to look pretty good (though I don't think i'd drive another FWD "sports compact" again anytime soon).
    Ya, the regular WRX's (not TR's) have upgraded sound systems and a 6disk changer. I love mine. I think it sounds damb amazing for a stock system. love it.

I love the GTI. Great car, but like you said, front wheel drive isn't really a winner in my book either.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    Ya, the regular WRX's (not TR's) have upgraded sound systems and a 6disk changer. I love mine. I think it sounds damb amazing for a stock system. love it.

I love the GTI. Great car, but like you said, front wheel drive isn't really a winner in my book either.
    +1 stock system sounds ok to me. Highs could be a little clearer, but I've heard worse. And the sub under the passenger seat isn't bad, again for stock.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

when i first got my wrx, I couldn't believe how the stereo sounded. it was muddy and underpowered, but I was coming from a really nice aftermarket stereo in my last car. I've gotten used to it now and it sounds fine to me. Just don't crank it a ton and you won't have any problems

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    when i first got my wrx, I couldn't believe how the stereo sounded. it was muddy and underpowered, but I was coming from a really nice aftermarket stereo in my last car. I've gotten used to it now and it sounds fine to me. Just don't crank it a ton and you won't have any problems
    I actually think sound quality at normal levels is excellent. However, the distortion gets awful when you put the volume past "30." With the factory sub, I get good volume at level "25" - which is where there is little distortion.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett