will a mountain bike fit inside my wrx? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on will a mountain bike fit inside my wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; that's honestly what i'd like. If I were to come across a white or sonic yellow wagon, i'd sell my ...

that's honestly what i'd like. If I were to come across a white or sonic yellow wagon, i'd sell my car in a heartbeat. I got a pretty good deal on my car, and it's pretty much stock, and I could easily put it back to 100% stock. We shall see haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's a giant yukon. it's not a super expensive bike or anything, but for me, just getting started, it'll be a good bike. I was looking at new ones, but i found a used one for a good price. it has an aluminum frame, disc brakes, full shimano drivetrain, and a dart shock, so it sounds like a nice bike
    Giant isn't a bad company. Plus aluminum frame, and disc brakes are always good.
    I have a Rocky Mountain Edge and I'm about to get a Transition Bottlerocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude View Post
    I have fit my Santa Cruz Heckler AM bike in my back seat. it was a squeeze but was able to do it.
    The Heckler is a really good bike too. Do you use it mainly for trail?
    I don't know if many people on here will know what an A/M bike is, myke. LOL
    My RM Edge is an A/M but I use it way more for freeriding (drops, skinnies, jumps, etc) than for trail riding. I currently have a Transition Bottlerocket frame on the way. Once I get that built, I'll use it for the extreme stuff and convert the Edge back to an XC/trail bike.

/hijack
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i have a 4 year old hardtail Specialized stumpjumper with adjustable judys, shimano XTR components and its the same color as my Wagon

i love that bike, disk brakes would be a nice upgade but i have some bad azz old school brakes.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    i have a 4 year old hardtail Specialized stumpjumper with adjustable judys, shimano XTR components and its the same color as my Wagon

i love that bike, disk brakes would be a nice upgade but i have some bad azz old school brakes.
    Have you ever ridden a mtn bike with disc brakes? There is a night/day difference. They will stop you on a dime, well, at least the bike will stop. You will go over the bars. LOL
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

yeaaaa, that and it keeps the brakes out of the elements if it's wet outside. thats what the biggest thing for me when it came to picking out a bike

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    The Heckler is a really good bike too. Do you use it mainly for trail?
    I don't know if many people on here will know what an A/M bike is, myke. LOL
    /hijack
    I use my heckler for trails, park, hucking and street riding. Living in NYC I don't get to go to the trails as often as i'd like so flights of stairs, planters and city parks suffice

I enjoy and use all of my 140mm of travel in both front and rear (Fox DHX 5.0 back, Fox RLC vanilla front)

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    Have you ever ridden a mtn bike with disc brakes? There is a night/day difference. They will stop you on a dime, well, at least the bike will stop. You will go over the bars. LOL
    yea they are really nice my XTR brakes are not too bad either... not bad enough for me to buy new wheels and tires and brakes to replace them.

Ive never enjoyed ridding softail bikes, but i am A BMX racer since age 4.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

The Saris Bones is a decent trunk rack that should fit over the standard WRX spoiler just fine. It's pretty easy to get on and off too. I have a friend that has one.

+1 for roof racks tho - much simpler to use and less of a pain. Health benefits too from the decreased blood pressure knowing the $5,000 worth of bikes on your car is locked up and safe when you need to stop for a sammich.

Oh and if you ride much, you're GOING to scratch your car with your bike. Accept and move on.

Nat
    Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    haha i guess i can drive the subaru, it'd just be alot less hassle to throw it in the back of the jeep. any idea what size wrenches I'd need to take that sucker apart?
    You probably won't need any wrenches at all. The wheels most likely have quick release levers (make sure the seller shows you how to use them for safety's sake) as will the seatpost. Sometimes people replace their quick release seatpost binders with bolts, so bring a folding metric Allen wrench set with you. The most common sizes will be 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm.

The WRX is perfect for getting mountain bikes to trailheads.

Bikes!

Last edited by Nat; 02-25-2008 at 02:15 PM.

wow thanks man.

I was just on craigslist and found a yakima roof rack with 48" bars. that sounds huge to me, is that too big for our cars?

Nat
    Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    wow thanks man.

I was just on craigslist and found a yakima roof rack with 48" bars. that sounds huge to me, is that too big for our cars?
    That sounds right (4 feet wide) but run your car through their configurator just to verify:

http://www.yakima.com/Consumer/Step1.aspx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luvly lucy View Post
    my brother had one it fu*kd up his car and when he went to return it they wouldn't take it back
    Please don't dodge the swear filter outside of our OT forums to use the f-word. This is all covered in our New Members Hangout rules sticky.

Bikes fit in my wagon just fine.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    you might be on to something with trading for a wagon

wagons can pull small trailers or trailer hitch platforms that hold bikes and gear....

you can sell your car for what you paid for it i bet, then just find a wagon there are plenty for sale. its kinda crazy but not insane any mods you have will go right on the wagon too
    I'm WagonGuy and I approve this message.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post
    I'm WagonGuy and I approve this message.

haha. believe me, I'd do it if I found a nice stock wagon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast