Someone want to make these again?

This is a discussion on Someone want to make these again? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; custom shifter decal emblems (like the ones from this old thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=shifter+decal ) they are 1"x1" and use a clear ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Someone want to make these again?

custom shifter decal emblems (like the ones from this old thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=shifter+decal)

they are 1"x1" and use a clear "pebble page" over the top- I have one of the old STi ones and still holding up great- I just want a Prodrive one now

here's a couple of examples

so who has a good printer and some photoshop skills

Thanks

Mike
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wellllllllll, not to rain on your parade Mike cause I do think its a cool idea (just playing devils advocate), but in reproducing Subaru, Sti, or any other MFG's logo without it being licensed to you, you are in fact infringing on a Copyright. Which isn't really a huge deal, but in this case I'm assuming the producer of said logos would be asking for monetary reimbursement in which case it can be a VERY big deal if the issue is pressed. Giving that forums are public record.........maybe an under the table non advertised bro deal is in order.

Or you can start "Bigsky's uber cool Subi parts Side buisness" get licensed by STI and such to use their logo and make side money (plus write off all your car related purchases on your business taxes).

I know, I'm such a kill joy
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Wellllllllll, not to rain on your parade Mike cause I do think its a cool idea (just playing devils advocate), but in reproducing Subaru, Sti, or any other MFG's logo without it being licensed to you, you are in fact infringing on a Copyright. Which isn't really a huge deal, but in this case I'm assuming the producer of said logos would be asking for monetary reimbursement in which case it can be a VERY big deal if the issue is pressed. Giving that forums are public record.........maybe an under the table non advertised bro deal is in order.

Or you can start "Bigsky's uber cool Subi parts Side buisness" get licensed by STI and such to use their logo and make side money (plus write off all your car related purchases on your business taxes).

ETHIC FAIL!

lol
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post

make knock off versions. Can I interest anyone in "Soobarooo or "STAEY" shift pattern stickers?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    make knock off versions. Can I interest anyone in "Soobarooo or "STAEY" shift pattern stickers?
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post

S T
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    go to ebay and search on decals and tell me your best guess what % of small vinyl shops are getting licenses to print any copyrighted logo- then I'll tell you my guess

I'm not talking about anyone going into business, simply someone w/ a good printer and photoshop skills who wants to help fellow enthusiasts out (and defray the small cost to do so )

ooo, or you could do....$TI

Honestly on something like this I wouldn't foresee any problems. Now if you wanted to make up some badges, stick them on no-name downpipes and sell them as an sti product...

Also, if you haven't done so already, you might want to try casting resin to create a clear protective coat over your emblem. A little expensive but it worked beautifully on my custom shift badge(<< in avatar).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I'm not talking about anyone going into business, simply someone w/ a good printer and photoshop skills who wants to help fellow enthusiasts out (and defray the small cost to do so )
    You're arguing semantics my good boy. TomAto-Tomato

Quote Originally Posted by tsignr View Post
    Honestly on something like this I wouldn't foresee any problems. Now if you wanted to make up some badges, stick them on no-name downpipes and sell them as an sti product...
    I'd think twice. I once had a representative from Polk Audio have Ebay pull one of my auctions because I was selling a couple subwoofers using a picture off their website (had no "C" or date on them). They also sent me a really nasty letter saying if I ever used one of their "pictures" again without permission they would persue legal action.

FTR I was not knocking off anything. I was simply selling "genuine polk subwoofers" using a resized version of their picture. I wasn't selling their picture or copies of it, I was selling MY SUBWOOFERS! So be careful who you give this advice to.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 02-25-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DR3WW3RD View Post
    ooo, or you could do....$TI
    read the part where it says good printer/photoshop skills

resin is a good idea (wouldn't have the foggiest on where to begin), but the cheap little plastic "cubes" actually work pretty well- mine has been on for 2+ years and still looks like it did when I got it

I Support ClubWRX
    Send a Pm to chan...
    mine is starting to buckle a little from the extreme heat we get here
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    I sent him a pm- he has been on the forum for 5-6 months

you ever get one of these?
    SnowMann Tuned
    special thanks to:
    www.Aquamist.co.uk

I Support ClubWRX
    no but a guy posted this up http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f93/...70/#post187989

and sent me this

the page pebbles have been discontinued but I found a pack on line (the 1"x1" ones)