White LEDs in cabin, trunk, and license plate...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on White LEDs in cabin, trunk, and license plate... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've purchased some white LEDs for my 02 wrx sedan, and soon to purchase more. So far i've bought / ...

White LEDs in cabin, trunk, and license plate...

I've purchased some white LEDs for my 02 wrx sedan, and soon to purchase more. So far i've bought / installed
    1) License plate
    2) Dome Light
    3) Map lights / Spot lights

I'm about to purchase the trunk lights to match, but I'm seeing inconsistencies in which bulb is which. Sylvania's site states that the Trunk / Cargo area light is bulb-type 912. Manual says nothing. Anyone installed new trunk lighting, and know which bulb-type it is?

I'm being careful just because Sylvania's light guide was wrong before. It states that the map/spot lights are the same as the license plate lights, which they are not. They are the same as the dome light. A little frustrating, because now i have 2 of 3 bulbs for my interior lighting (driver map and dome).

A question for the electronic masterminds: On the auto-dimming cycle of the lights, as seen when entering / exiting car, the LED's emit an audible buzzing sound. Any danger of blowing a fuse or the LED unit? I know this isn't very much information to work with, but I can't find the website of where I bought them from anymore to post specifics on the LED used or power consumption (which shouldn't be an issue going from halogen to LED bulbs).

Anyone know of 'true' white LED for the DE3175 bulb (~4700k)? So far all I can find are blue-ish ones (including the 'pure white' bulbs currently installed), in the ~6-7K color range. Going to be doing a comparison, buying some more bulbs of a different design, hopefully the buzzing will go away in the process. Also looking for more of a white-colored license plate lights. The one's from superbrightled.com are more blueish than expected, but not too blue.

Hopefully all will be well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Right, like you can find boobs on the internets.
    research > impulse

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This site seems to have some good stuff. I'm trying to decide whether interior LEDs are rice or not, but if I ever get any they'll probably be from:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

They are pretty blue, those ones. I'll take pics with my roommate's camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Right, like you can find boobs on the internets.
    research > impulse

Cabin LED lights

If anyone cares, I got a set of white LEDs from YourLEDshop.com
    for $40, free shipping! They have sets for Subies that include the dome, rear compartment (wagons), map lights, and license plate.
    Very bright, no buzzing. Plug-in replacement. You can also get red or blue. Singles are $8ea. Did I mention FREE SHIPPING?
    I even ordered a 31mm Festoon to replace the interior bulb in my wife's Miata, as she has a tendency to leave it on an run thr battery down.

on my 06 i used the same bulb as the license plate. i think it's a 194 but cant remember

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.