Memphis Audio vs Apline type-R

This is a discussion on Memphis Audio vs Apline type-R within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im looking at getting some subs in my car. I wanted to get some input on whether I should go ...

Registered User Americanrebel20's Avatar

Memphis Audio vs Apline type-R

Im looking at getting some subs in my car. I wanted to get some input on whether I should go for Memphis Subs or Alpine Type-R's? I can get a set of 12" Subs in either brand for pretty cheap but the plus to the memphis is it comes with a box.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

type r

I personally own the 12" type r and it hits harder than any other sub in its price range fosho!

You haven't said which model Memphis sub you're being offered, so I can't really compare them to the R's. If you do end up going for the Memphis subs, make sure that the box is built to spec for them. Otherwise, you'll end up having to get a new box anyways. If it's not made to spec, I would try getting an additional discount on them (Since you have to build your own box, pay for child support, alimony, mortgage, etc etc...)

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the higher ended MAs, over the Type-Rs. Mostly, just because I've just got a personal preference over Alpine.. (not an Alpine fan)
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Alpine subs are the best - I'm sure if you google it - u'll find tons of reviews - Alpine products kill MA

Quote Originally Posted by crazycracker View Post
    Alpine subs are the best - I'm sure if you google it - u'll find tons of reviews - Alpine products kill MA
    You can't make a broad comment like that.

The fact that something is mass consumed doesn't mean it's the best. (Think McDonalds...)

Like Rogan said, and I agree, some Memphis models trump the R's. Until the OP specifies which model he's looking at, there's not much point in arguing.

I'm not here 2 bash 1 or the other - but the fact I have worked in the car audio world - almost 20 yrs - yes I'm old- but we sell both brands - plus & few others - but MA returns are DOUBLE everybody elses returns - Alpine great product & the least amount of returns over eveything - but yes - some companys - have better this or that - but Alpine is the company that has the most over all products - thats all I am saying