Defi Gauges install this weekend

This is a discussion on Defi Gauges install this weekend within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I got my Defi BF gauges (Boost, Oil Pressure, and EGT) and Controller II about two weeks ago and ...

Defi Gauges install this weekend

So I got my Defi BF gauges (Boost, Oil Pressure, and EGT) and Controller II about two weeks ago and have been waiting to get them in cuz its been in the single digits here in chicago when ever i come home from work. But i have a couple questions.

First with the boost gauge they recomend connecting the T split form the vacuum tube to the sensor be as short as possible, and that the sensor be away from exsive heat an vibration. Any Recommendation on where to mount the sensor?

Second did you have to buy and spare nuts bolts or anything not included with the gauges for the install. I plan on picking up some teflon tape and hose fastners.

3rd I was wondering where a good spot would be to install the control unit to be easly accessable with out tearing up the interior.

and just any other comments, pitfalls to look out for, or what ever. I plan on putting together a lil guid when I'm done with pics (it seems the Defi is alil diffrent as you dont have to run vacuum line all the way through the gromit)
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Mods: TurboXS TBE, Defi gauges, ACT HD 6-puck clutch and Steetlight fly
    Pro tune from Matt at 555motorsports
    http://555motorsports.net/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump i start work tomorrow
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Hey man for the boost sensor, i removed the washer fluid box, and under it on the driver side strut tower you will see a small tapped hole on the side of the tower, i found a bolt and did it there.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

NYCDieselWRX
    Hope you get more results cuz im ordering my defi boost gauge and installing soon i was hoping youd get some replys, hopefully after the weekend youlll get some more info! good luck n hope to see the pics !

well I got them in this weekend and was going to do a write up complete with pics but i broke the LCD screen on my digital cam plus i forgot it. so Ill try to post something up. But I need to give most the credit to Jordan aka martinSti05 from nasioc for letting me use his garage and mass intellect.
    Blobeye Syndicate #614