Vendor for factory stereo mounting brackets

This is a discussion on Vendor for factory stereo mounting brackets within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All I recently had my head unit stolen out of my car. The thief just unscrewed the entire mounting ...

Vendor for factory stereo mounting brackets

Hi All
    I recently had my head unit stolen out of my car. The thief just unscrewed the entire mounting brackets without bothering to remove the stereo (hey why would he?) first. I'd like to install a new unit but I need the factory mounting brackets (the double-din wings that you would then mount the unit onto). Where can I order these? I've heard that Subaru dealers should have them...
    Thanks
    Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by basscakes View Post
    Hi All
    I recently had my head unit stolen out of my car. The thief just unscrewed the entire mounting brackets without bothering to remove the stereo (hey why would he?) first. I'd like to install a new unit but I need the factory mounting brackets (the double-din wings that you would then mount the unit onto). Where can I order these? I've heard that Subaru dealers should have them...
    Thanks
    Steve
    I'd either contact Jackie at Annapolis Subaru or Jamie at SubaruGenuineParts and go from there. I wouldnt trust a random parts guy at a Subaru dealership.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Solved: Carter Subaru here in Seattle

At the recommendation of my trusted Seattle service shop, Smart Service Inc., I called up Carter Subaru in Shoreline and lo and behold, they had one pair of mounting brackets. The service was very courteous and they put the part on will call until I could come pick it up this afternoon. Total price was $17 including tax.