push button start question

This is a discussion on push button start question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an ignited engine start button that i had installed in my last car and i have thought about ...

push button start question

i have an ignited engine start button that i had installed in my last car and i have thought about putting it in my wrx just because i could. my question is has anyone on here put on in or know someone that did because i would like to know which wires under the steering wheel are the power ground from the ignition to the starter? and any suggestions on where to mount it are welcome cuz im not sure where i want to put it. it is large enough to fit in a cigarette lighter space(once removed of coarse, thats where it was mounted in my last car). thx guys.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ran across this somewhere. i snagged the pic because i thought it might be a slick mod down the line. so, it looks like it's been done...but i couldn't tell you by whom or how. sorry i couldn't be more help from a technical standpoint, but i'm interested to hear what you learn and it would be excellent to see a DIY thread if you go through with the mod.

-b
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails start_button.jpg  

take pics of everything and tell us how it comes out! That would be one that pops up more and more once someone does it... I know I would...