Steering wheel swap - PLEASE Help!!!

This is a discussion on Steering wheel swap - PLEASE Help!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to swap a 2005 STi steering wheel with a 2005 WRX steering wheel. Anyone know if this is ...

Lightbulb Steering wheel swap - PLEASE Help!!!

I want to swap a 2005 STi steering wheel with a 2005 WRX steering wheel. Anyone know if this is possible and what do I need to know to do it. Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NYCDieselWRX
    why would you want to do that?

Don't, messing with steering wheels that are Airbag equipped is bad news. There have been people that have been killed b/c they didn't do it right. Unless you have all the CORRECT tools, don't mess with it. Is there something wrong with the STI wheel?

I Support ClubWRX
    Measure the resistance of both bags and make sure they match. No special tools needed. Unhook the battery, and swap. Make sure you get the STi wheel, air bag, and clock spring.

Wanted to change out the steering wheel from my old wrx into my new - used STi. I like the subaru symbol better than the crappy pink STi symbol. Plus the grip on the top of the wheel is smooth on ths STi but I prefer the grip on the top of the wrx wheel.