07 WRX Trim Pieces... wtf

This is a discussion on 07 WRX Trim Pieces... wtf within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I bought my 07 WRX Wagon a month or so ago. I have now had two trim pieces break ...

07 WRX Trim Pieces... wtf

So, I bought my 07 WRX Wagon a month or so ago. I have now had two trim pieces break on the damn thing.

First piece to break was a trim piece between the front and rear passenger window on the outside. Now, my friend was getting out of the car and somehow kicked this little tiny trim right in front of the rear wheel well...

Grrrrrrr! go go gadget bumper to bumper warranty! Hopefully they don't give me any crap getting this replaced.

Just thought I would share my frustration!

--Chris
    Damn, my car is dirty! I am cleaning my car today if it doesn't rain!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like all you need to do is replace the plast snaps. Maybe for whatever reason the trim had to removed and the previous owner broke the snap.. Doesn't look like it was secured correctly due to the snap being broken.
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

The trim piece has two plastic parts sticking out that feed into those blue connectors. The pieces broke off of the trim so it is flush now on the inside. I just called my dealer and they have the trim piece for $16 and it's in stock. I sort of wanted to wash my car after work, but now I gotta drive in traffic to get over there and pick the part up.

At least it's in stock!

Well, at least it is a relatively easy fix.. Sucks that you have to drive in traffic to pick it up...
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ