2008: IPOD interface on base 6 disc player

This is a discussion on 2008: IPOD interface on base 6 disc player within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I finally got to pick up my 08 STi on Thursday and am overall very happy, glad to be back ...

2008: IPOD interface on base 6 disc player

I finally got to pick up my 08 STi on Thursday and am overall very happy, glad to be back in the Subaru foray.

Anyway, along with the car came an IPOD interface cable which works, but its claimed that the IPOD is supposed to shut down when you turn off the ignition. Mine doesnt.

More info is that I have a base STi stereo (no NAV) and a new Classic (80 gig).

Does anyone with the base 6 disc player have the same problem with their Classic IPOD??

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just picked up a 2008 WRX w/ iPod connector - my prev. generation Nano doesn't shutdown when I turn off the car either.

There's not much documentation on that connection that I can find...

What kind of IPOD do you have?

Sorry - I didn't include that in my initial reply but added it after. I have a previous generation Nano. I plug it in, I get the little "Subaru" logo, all is fine, but it does stay on and play when I turn off the car - like, the screen is still going and when I return later, it's later in the same song or on a different song when I turn the car back on.