ghetto aux input in my bugeye

This is a discussion on ghetto aux input in my bugeye within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ever since i got my bugeye, i have been thinking about getting an auxiliary input, but didn't want to fork ...

ghetto aux input in my bugeye

Ever since i got my bugeye, i have been thinking about getting an auxiliary input, but didn't want to fork out the $120 for the adapter. I'm not sure if anyone has done this before, (im sure they have, but i havent seen any posts or DIY's on it) but i got the idea to run a cassette adapter through the back of the stereo and attach it to a two-way female aux input piece i found at radioshack. I drilled a hole in the plastic border around the stereo and HVAC and glued in the adapter, it came out very nice, and i ended up with a aux input for $12. I snapped some pictures, and i'll be makin a tutorial soon, hopefully it helps some people, please don't flame me if this has been done 1000 times
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Post 'em up man! I want to see them! I plan to have a usb + aux input in my center console but have never found the proper equipment to make this work and look nice. I would much rather mine be stealth, so I don't have a USB dongle sticking out of my cd player all the time. Either way, show us what you got!!