My new Audio/Video System

This is a discussion on My new Audio/Video System within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to share some pics of my recently installed system. This is my first post on clubwrx. I bought ...

My new Audio/Video System

Just wanted to share some pics of my recently installed system. This is my first post on clubwrx.

I bought my 03 wrx about 3 months ago and just finally got around to replacing that surprisingly awful factory system.

Here's the details, for those that are interested:

Fronts:
    Alpine Type-X SPX177R in kick-pods
    Bi-Amped with Alpine MRVF540

Rears:
    Unchanged (Stock)

Subs:
    JL Audio 10W3V3-4 x 2
    Alpine MRPM850

Deck:
    Alpine IVAW205

Here's some pics I snapped today:

I'm happy with the install. The spare tire compartment is used to house the sub box, fiberglass bottom and mdf top. Overall I didn't lose much height to the "false floor" and I can still use my trunk.

The Kickpod eliminates the dead-pedal... which is an annoyance, but it's a trade-off for having relatively "high-end" speakers that don't fit in the doors. The Type-X components absolutely wail... because of the pod setup and the fact that each component set has 2 channels of amplification.

I still have to buy an Alpine Blackbird2 to plug in to my deck - which will give me Navigation; and Bluetooth capability for my cell phone.

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's sick man. I have a very similar setup except I housed my tweeters in the in car A and C pillars. Your setup looks clean, I like the faux floor. Who made the Pods for you? Or did you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    that's sick man. I have a very similar setup except I housed my tweeters in the in car A and C pillars. Your setup looks clean, I like the faux floor. Who made the Pods for you? Or did you do it yourself?
    Thanks I had the pods made for me, I don't have any experience with fiberglass.

It was done at a&b Sound in Abbotsford, B.C.

Banned
    That is sick dude.

It makes me want to come up with a better system. I am not a big fan of sacrificing all that usefull leg space with the kick panels though. But your trunk install is a thing of beauty