My new Audio/Video System
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My new Audio/Video System within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to share some pics of my recently installed system. This is my first post on clubwrx. I bought ...

My new Audio/Video System

Just wanted to share some pics of my recently installed system. This is my first post on clubwrx.

I bought my 03 wrx about 3 months ago and just finally got around to replacing that surprisingly awful factory system.

Here's the details, for those that are interested:

Fronts:
    Alpine Type-X SPX177R in kick-pods
    Bi-Amped with Alpine MRVF540

Rears:
    Unchanged (Stock)

Subs:
    JL Audio 10W3V3-4 x 2
    Alpine MRPM850

Deck:
    Alpine IVAW205

Here's some pics I snapped today:

I'm happy with the install. The spare tire compartment is used to house the sub box, fiberglass bottom and mdf top. Overall I didn't lose much height to the "false floor" and I can still use my trunk.

The Kickpod eliminates the dead-pedal... which is an annoyance, but it's a trade-off for having relatively "high-end" speakers that don't fit in the doors. The Type-X components absolutely wail... because of the pod setup and the fact that each component set has 2 channels of amplification.

I still have to buy an Alpine Blackbird2 to plug in to my deck - which will give me Navigation; and Bluetooth capability for my cell phone.

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's sick man. I have a very similar setup except I housed my tweeters in the in car A and C pillars. Your setup looks clean, I like the faux floor. Who made the Pods for you? Or did you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    that's sick man. I have a very similar setup except I housed my tweeters in the in car A and C pillars. Your setup looks clean, I like the faux floor. Who made the Pods for you? Or did you do it yourself?
    Thanks I had the pods made for me, I don't have any experience with fiberglass.

It was done at a&b Sound in Abbotsford, B.C.

Banned
    That is sick dude.

It makes me want to come up with a better system. I am not a big fan of sacrificing all that usefull leg space with the kick panels though. But your trunk install is a thing of beauty

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.