collateral damage during sub install

This is a discussion on collateral damage during sub install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just completed the install of the Subaru "under seat" sub. In doing so, I scratched the surface of my ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

collateral damage during sub install

I just completed the install of the Subaru "under seat" sub. In doing so, I scratched the surface of my AC panel slightly. I can live with it, but if anyone knows if there is touch-up paint to clean that up, I would love it. This is the "gray" plastic that surrounds the 3 auto-AC knobs.

Also - from earlier this fall, I had a 20lb LP tank in the passenger side of the car that fell over, and scratched the side of the radio/AC panels - this stuff is the same material as the top of the dash. Can you paint these? How could I hide the surface blemish?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got back from the dealer....

They said they don't sell touch-up paint for the interior plastics. I have the auto-climate control (3 big knobs) AC unit and scratched the middle (fan speed) button. They said the only thing I could do it buy a new button - which costs $53! I am going to a craft store to see if I can find a marker to match the color.

As far as the dash material - same story. Only difference it is easier to blend in a slightly off color since there is so much of it around the scratch.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some cover up Ideas.

Stickers?

Custom mounting for cell phone or another?

Sand down and paint interior piece a different color. I know its ricey but hey.

Aftermarket Carbon fiber trim kit.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Couple unrelated questions...

Where did you purchase the sub kit from? Is it worth the money? Was the install relatively easy?

I am pretty certain this is the route I am going to go to fill out the sound a little...

Thanks!

--Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Install was easy - mostly because the instructions come as pictures that are extremely descriptive. Total took about 30 minutes.

At low volume, the sub adds decent bass. At high volume, it only adds volume. Definitely fills out sound, but don't think you are adding mega bass. The speaker itself is 5 1.4 inches in diameter.

They are all over the web, and all about the same price. Just make sure you get the right model number as they are confusing. Part number depends on if you have the 1DIN, 2DIN, modelyear 06/newer, and whether you have a WRX TR or not. Not sure what all the differences amount to, probably just the connector pin outs.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Aftermarket Carbon fiber trim kit.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?