Weird-DRL and Fog Light Mod Together=disaster?

This is a discussion on Weird-DRL and Fog Light Mod Together=disaster? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, this will be hard to explain but here goes. I have disabled the daytime running lights on my 02 ...

Weird-DRL and Fog Light Mod Together=disaster?

Ok, this will be hard to explain but here goes.

I have disabled the daytime running lights on my 02 WRX by disconnecting the relay under the glove box. I have also done the fog light mod that allows me to have my fogs on with the parking lights by tapping into the orange wire behind the fuse box and connecting it to the red/green fog light relay.

My DRLs are disabled and my fogs work like I wanted, my problem is that one of my parking lights in the headlight won't come on for some strange reason(This is at one click of the knob). It's weird because I know they're both connected; they both light up when i use the key remote...

Something I noticed before I did the fog light mod was that, sometimes when I'm locking/unlocking the car, both of the lights work but then sometimes only one works.... The craziest part is they alternate!!!! Someone tell me I'm not crazy....

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
    no longer lookn to buy 1 hahaha.. got a sexy blue 02 WRX now!!!
    baby mod list:
    stage 1 flash, 1$ boost gauge pod, K&N filter, forge BOV, "headlight mod" (blacked out bezel), painted stock rims(black), silencer delete, disabled DRLs, Fog light mod, hella horns, sti scoop, sti wing!
    what she said after riding in the rex: "sounds like a bus door opening when you shift"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's those UPS trucks...i swear.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

Sounds like a case of either
    1) loose connection or
    2) incorrect wiring

I'd start with checking all of the connections/changes that you made when you did these mods.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
    it's those UPS trucks...i swear.
    what UPS trucks?..

I'm going to take out the headlights tommorrow and make sure the bulb connections are tight. hopefully that will sove the problem because i definitely don't want to have to get behind that fuse box again!!....

Ill let you all know how that goes

Thanks for the reply!!!!
    baby mod list:
    stage 1 flash, 1$ boost gauge pod, K&N filter, forge BOV, "headlight mod" (blacked out bezel), painted stock rims(black), silencer delete, disabled DRLs, Fog light mod, hella horns, sti scoop, sti wing!
    what she said after riding in the rex: "sounds like a bus door opening when you shift"

doubt it is the connections, probably your wiring, I am infamous for doing things like that. I hate electrical, probably one of the most important things of a vehicle too! Go over the wiring again.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

like i said, UPS trucks...i'm pretty sure that almost getting in accidents on hampton road with ups trucks probably made your car sh*t itself...
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    doubt it is the connections, probably your wiring, I am infamous for doing things like that. I hate electrical, probably one of the most important things of a vehicle too! Go over the wiring again.

I think it was the connection because i replaced the bulb and it works now!!! thanks a lot guys!!!!!!
    baby mod list:

I had issues almost exactly like that, before I built my projector headlights. It turned out that my peanut bulbs hadn't been fully seated in the holders. They would vibrate as I drove and one would come on, then sometimes both would work, then suddenly neither worked. I swapped the bulbs and now they both work fine.