Aux Port!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aux Port! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; AHH some guy wants to buy my aux port of my 07 sti. i dont use it, so i dont ...

Aux Port!

AHH some guy wants to buy my aux port of my 07 sti. i dont use it, so i dont really care. does anyone know if you could fit a gauge in there or if a compnany makes something that holds a gauge there,.????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Hey, I havn't seen anything mounting wise in that area but how did you detach your aux box thing. Like how did you get the cable out of the back. I have an 07 wrx so i hope we are talking about the same thing.

unplug it. haha, i dont know. im sure thats not the problem. ive heard of people putting gauges and poh poh detectors there but i dont know how..

If its like the 2006 wrx's I believe it fits where the ash tray would go? So the stock ash tray would do it. Not 100% sure of its current location in your car though...
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Yea

Yea it is where mine is but i would like to remove that from the ash tray area but there is a cable behind it so i can't slide it out. I want to know how to take it out completly but still be able to put it back maybe behind the dash or something. I just really don't like the cord keeping me from closing that little door thing. I already ran the cable behind the dash and under the center console to the center glove compartment. I just don't want to have the end of the cable showing. If you don't get what i mean i could post some pictures.

as for the cord, you'll have to give it to the guy you're giving the aux port to anyway...it plugs into the back of the radio. take off the trim around the radio. 6 screws hold in the radio. take it out, remove the plug, and give the guy the whole thing. then just go on ebay or a forum to find a whole ash tray assembly. that'll do it. send me a pic anyway, and i'll edit it to show ya!
    Vf-39 all the way!

Facebook / Myspace

Alright

Well I know about the two screws after you remove the shifter trim but where are the other ones. The third picture shows the two screws i know about(upper ones). Those are the only screws i know about but i am not sure about the trim you are talking about.

Ohhh!

Actually i just found out how to take the whole thing apart and the hu. I found the screws you were talking about but which plug in the back of the hu is the one fore the aux jack. I am lost when it comes to that stuff. Thanks

good deal...when you usually get the ash tray, its the whole blank area, encompassing the lighter assembly as well...theres always one on ebay.
    See here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-su...spagenameZWD1V
    Vf-39 all the way!

Facebook / Myspace

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.