Head Unit Install Help - Losing Presets
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Head Unit Install Help - Losing Presets within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking for a little help on a problem I am having with a head unit that I installed. ...

Head Unit Install Help - Losing Presets

I am looking for a little help on a problem I am having with a head unit that I installed. What is happening is that when I start the car the head unit resets and losses all my radio station presets. It does not happen every time but it will happen if I let it sit over night most of the time. I checked and rechecked all the red and yellow line connections and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats the head unit model?

What year is your car?

Do you have a BOV?
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

Head Unit - Boss Audio 648bi
    2004 Subaru WRX Wagon

What is BOV?

Thanks.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I'm not much help on the wiring situation. If it was in front of me, that'd be a different story. As far as BOV, it means Blow Off Valve. Check this thread out. It will help A LOT. BTW, welcome to the club.

What does it mean?? Terminology and Acronyms for the newcomer!
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer36
    What is BOV?
    BOV = blow-off valve
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I do not have a BOV.

I am using a wiring harness and checked the yellow to yellow (constant 12v) and red to red connections and they seem fine. I am being told by others that I need the yellow wire to connect to a constant 12v. Apparently the yellow wire I am connecting to does not work. (The yellow from the harness to the yellow wire from the radio). So which wire in the mess of wires behind the radio will give me a constant 12v? Also, how come the factory radio works fine?

Thanks again.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer36 View Post
    I do not have a BOV.
    Yes, actually you do. It's attached to the right front side of your intercooler.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

OK I do have a BOV!!! LOL, if I only knew what it was used for.

Some more information about my issue. When I start the car I notice that the clock and the radio both go off for a second and turn back on. The clock does not reset, but the radio does.

I used to be real into car audio and have had some experience with boss stuff.

First off, does everything else seem to work ok on it? Reception, CD, USB, everything other than the stuff resetting?

Also, it wouldn't hurt to go to a local car audio shop and have them bench test it real quick to make sure everything else checks out.

As far as which is the constant 12v, I don't remember, but I am sure there are some diagrams floating around here.
    Last edited by spnkdrm; 12-07-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I couldn't spell my way out of a wet paper bag
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

You would know if you had a BOV. it makes a WHOSHHHH sound when you let off the throttle. Chances are if you do not know if you have one, then you dont. On stock cars, a BPV is standard. BPV recirculate the air from the turbo into the exhaust

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.