Gauges!

This is a discussion on Gauges! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I know this might be in the wrong place, but I'll ask anyway. So, I have a stage ...

Gauges!

Hey guys, I know this might be in the wrong place, but I'll ask anyway. So, I have a stage 2 07 WRX Wagon, and I was wondering what kind of gauges I should get. I have a boost gauge, and I'm looking at a water temp and EGT gauge. I don't want many, just four at the most. Any thoughts on which ones I should get would be great. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well you should already have a stock temp gauge? are two necessary? maybe air/fuel...oil pressure....whatever you feel you need or rather want.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

those are mine. boost/oil pressure/watertemp

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

agree with the cutie with the subie... turbo oil pressure and temp. However my one buddy here has exhausted temp on his not sure how much this differs from the standard... also the carbon fiber mounts for them look Shexy in place of ur factory clock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus11
    Hey guys, I know this might be in the wrong place, but I'll ask anyway. So, I have a stage 2 07 WRX Wagon, and I was wondering what kind of gauges I should get. I have a boost gauge, and I'm looking at a water temp and EGT gauge. I don't want many, just four at the most. Any thoughts on which ones I should get would be great. Thanks!
    Boost/EGT/Oil Temp (that's what I'd put in) - if you want to go with just 2, skip the oil
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

My subie came with the factory boost gauge. I'm planing on getting the 3 gauges set up, I would like to install a 2nd boost gauge since mine doesn't read on psi. Do you guys think it will be a problem to install a 2nd boost gauge?

Thanks
    05 White Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    Nitrous, it's like a hot ass girl with std's you know that you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    A problem to install a 2nd boost gauge? No.

Silly? Yes.

You already have water temp.... you don't need that either.

Oil pressure, Voltmeter, and Pyrometer would be your 3 best routes to start with.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    Boost, oil press., EGT,and AFR are what I would go with.

well guages depend on the setup....

making more HP get a feul pressure, air/fuel ratio, boost, oil pressure...u can also get egt, oil temp
    this is because you will want to know if u peak fuel pressure or if the fuel pressure drops, air/fuel=to see how ur running, boost to see what ur turbo is doing, oil pressure to see if theres oil running through...the other ones are not really needed but would work also

if somewhat stock.....boost, oil pressure, oil temp, egt
    these are just for like show....u don't really need guages when somewhat stock....but helps when u start modding

I have defi guages and their amazing! I can play back, set peaks, set warnings, change how bright or dark they are, and over all they look sick!!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's all personal preference. I have a fully-built motor, so I went a little overboard.
    I went with:
    Air/Fuel Gauge - WIDEBAND ONLY the narrow bands, like Autometer, etc. are worthless, unless you want cabin-bling only.

Oil Pressure - if you rely on the 'idiot light', it's too late... repeat: I have a fully-built motor... think about that for a minute..

Water Temp - because the factory gauge is not accurate, IMO. "What's your coolant temp?" "I don't know, a little over a 1/4 way, maybe." WTF is that? I've noticed that with my factory water temp, and 1/8th inch of sweep can mean the difference between normal op temp (190*F) and whoa.. (210*F)

Exhaust Gas Temp - Helps to troubleshoot lean/rich conditions, timing, etc.

Oil Temp - Not necessary, but I like to keep an eye on it.

Boost Gauge - Always good to know.

But if I were bone-stock, or at most stage 2, and limited to 3 or 4.. I'd go:
    Oil pressure
    Water Temp
    WBO2
    EGT (optional)

As for your metric boost gauge, learn metrics 1.0 Bar = ~14.5psi.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft