installing sirius

This is a discussion on installing sirius within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello all, I am picking up my 08 wrx in two days and i want to transfer my sirius sporster ...

installing sirius

hello all, I am picking up my 08 wrx in two days and i want to transfer my sirius sporster radio to it. What i need is a tutorial on how to remove the factory radio and plug my sirius unit in to the back of it and then how to put it all back together. pictures would help a lot.
    thank's for your replies, this is a great forum.
    -Greg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might be better off on Nasioc asking this because I don't know of a single soul who has attempted to do any stereo work on an 08 yet

If it was an 07...I could have your rollin well...sorry dude!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

congrats on joining the Subie community! what color is your 08
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

Thank's guys, I ended up just plugging in to the aux. input jack in the center console. One problem that I am having though is with a noise problem that seems to be from the sat. radio. There is a noticeable whine behind the music that is proportional to engine rpm. Im thinking that I might need a more expensive shielded cable to go from the aux. input to the sat. radio. But other than that I ran the antenna lead from the trunk to the forward center console in front of the shifter. I'll post pictures as soon as I have time.
    -Greg