Wondering if these gauges were a good deal and which ones i should get

This is a discussion on Wondering if these gauges were a good deal and which ones i should get within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07...spagenameZWDVW I was wondering if you thought this was a good deal or not? Do you reccomomend this set up? ...

Wondering if these gauges were a good deal and which ones i should get

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07...spagenameZWDVW

I was wondering if you thought this was a good deal or not? Do you reccomomend this set up? i think its really the only place to put gauges because i dont want to put it in place of the clock...

also...i wanted to know what you think i should put for gauges....if you think i should get four thats cool but i really want to go with three like follows: Boost Gauge, Air/Fuel Gauge, and a transmission temp (this is questionable...i dont know what i want to do for this)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07...spagenameZWDVW

I was wondering if you thought this was a good deal or not? Do you reccomomend this set up? i think its really the only place to put gauges because i dont want to put it in place of the clock...

also...i wanted to know what you think i should put for gauges....if you think i should get four thats cool but i really want to go with three like follows: Boost Gauge, Air/Fuel Gauge, and a transmission temp (this is questionable...i dont know what i want to do for this)
    Look for the dual gauge pod which replaces the stock bezel. Or, if you like this triple pod - get it. As for the Gauges themselves, you get what you pay for in most instances, and gloshift are cheap. Still, they might be ok. Personally, I only recommend GReddy as it's what I've used. I've had Autometer gauges in past cars (Phantom Series) and they have not been accurate, and in one case one didn't work at all. There's a level of quality control that I just don't feel is there. But I digress.

For gauges to use... Boost/vac, EGT, Oil Temp. If you are going to go for a Air/Fuel gauge - you need a Wideband O2 sensor or it won't be very useful. Wideband sensors typically cost more than that entire setup you are looking at.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

[QUOTE=Micah;2124838]For gauges to use... Boost/vac, EGT, Oil Temp./QUOTE]

I would exactly get Oil Pressure instead of Oil Temp. Also, I'm not convinced that an EGT gauge is necessary unless you're data logging and doing your own tuning.
    I have Autometer Boost/Vac and Oil Pressure and they have served me well for over 4 years.
    I also have an Autometer clock.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods