12v Accessory power outlet install

This is a discussion on 12v Accessory power outlet install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 WRX wagon with all the options available at the time, but it does not have the ...

12v Accessory power outlet install

I have an 02 WRX wagon with all the options available at the time, but it does not have the 2nd 12vdc power outlet as can be found in some other models (TS, OBS) in the trunk/hatchback area, near the light on the right side.

I found the fuse panel does have a 20 amp fuse in the place marked for the accessory outlet, so I'm thinking that I just need to find the part and determine where this is tapped in the wiring harness in back, or worst case, run some extra wire to the back for the outlet.

Have any WRX wagon owners considered this and if so, do you have any guidance, part numbers, etc?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have had the same question since I bought my car, iI am interested on how to do this...

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. However, you should check out www.scoobymods.com. There is a lot of good info over there, and I'm sure you can find something useful.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods