Putting on new shift knob
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Putting on new shift knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got an 08 shift knob for my 05 and I want to put it on, but I really ...

Putting on new shift knob

I just got an 08 shift knob for my 05 and I want to put it on, but I really don't feel like breaking anything. Does the shift knob just pop right off and the new one pops right on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i know on the 02-03 they screw off

This one is screwing off too but it still won't come off.

hmm is it attached to the boot?...if so like my g/f's may just have to take the center console apart no?

Just keep turning bro. its not that difficult. once its separated from the shift lever, just pull it off the boot. i don't think its possible to break something while doing this.

JoeLA is right man, I just did that two days ago: Unscrew the f@#er all the way. The boot is not attached to the knob, is attached to a ring underneath it. As soon the knob is free from the shifter take away the center console, turn it upside down, use a flat screwdriver to pull off the rubber ring that is pressing the boot against the knob (DON'T BREAKE IT) and that's it...
    Gimme more boost!!!
    2004 WRX San Remo Red

You don't need to take your console out or anything just unscrew it till its off and then pull real hard up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.