Your feeling on 07 Limited's seats... good? Bad?

This is a discussion on Your feeling on 07 Limited's seats... good? Bad? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking to get people's thoughts on how comfortable (or uncomfortable) you feel the 07 limited's seats are. The story. In ...

Your feeling on 07 Limited's seats... good? Bad?

Looking to get people's thoughts on how comfortable (or uncomfortable) you feel the 07 limited's seats are.

The story. In March I bought an 07 limited. The car was located and acquired from another dealer for me, after I had a regular trim, cloth seat WRX out on a test drive for a while. Didn't feel there was a problem with it comfort-wise.

Not long after taking delivery, I started to have some back problems which have gone through varying degrees of severity since then, and they seem directly related to the WRX. Either because of the seat and lack of support, shifting, or a combination of the two.

Now, I have been trying various things to heal and feel fine behind the wheel, none of which are working. My doctor has given me core strengthening exercises to try and combat it, but has also ruled out any mechanical problems.

Driving other vehicles, or doing any variety of other activities also does not aggravate the pain. If I can avoid driving the car for a couple weeks straight (which generally is not a realistic possibility) I end up feeling fine. Then, one half hour drive in the WRX and I am sore again.

Seat adjustments have been unhelpful, I am not doing any undue reaching for controls, posture is good....

Although the actual motion of shifting and pressing the clutch may be the cause, I am suspicious that the seat may just not be providing adequate support. I also now cannot find a comfort zone in the seat behind the wheel.

Anyone else with a ltd feel the seats are uncomfortable? Or unsupportive? I have reached the point where I am ready to trade the car on something else due to this... since avoiding this car and driving others ultimately makes the pain subside.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the 07 Limited WRX and have found the seats to be comfortable, I have sat in more comfortable seats, but all in all I feel the seat supports well, and I have taken a couple of 2 hour drives in it and had no discomfort.

Maybe if you like the car you should look into possibly replacing the front seats.

I may have to since this isn't working out too well for me, although that isn't all that easy either due to the airbag system.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post
    I may have to since this isn't working out too well for me, although that isn't all that easy either due to the airbag system.
    If you were on the left coast....I'd switch you interiors.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

this isn't directly related to the topic, but before you switch seats, find out what your insurance company might say for removing airbags, should you get into an accident (since the side airbags are in the seat).
    Last edited by drummerboy; 11-10-2007 at 03:35 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue