Should I get more than just a boost gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Should I get more than just a boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 05 WRX that is currently stage 2 and will probably be staying that way for a long ...

Should I get more than just a boost gauge?

I have an 05 WRX that is currently stage 2 and will probably be staying that way for a long time, if not permanently. I know I can check my boost levels with the Accessport but I'd rather not be distracted by it. I figured I'd go with a boost gauge but was wondering if I should bother with more?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nothing is absolutely necessary but, with your body style you could get the bezel offered my autometer than goes where your stock gauges are and it has a place for two gauges, you could go with an air/fuel. That is always a good gauge to get. Whatever your preference is.

DUB
    Better to know too much than not enough about what is going on with your engine.

boost, egt and oil pres are the 3 you need if any

a/f guage is not really needed as the egt does that job
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I had the stock boost gague. Then bought DEFI EGT, Oil Pressure, and boost. I also have a electronic boosst controller that was in before the DEFI's that shows boost but it wasn't reading pressure correctly which was unacceptable to me. I now have the BC reading correctly though. these are the most important gagues.

after that i went with an Innovate A/F ratio gague. i had an extra pod space and my tuner recommended Water temp. because i didn't upgrade the radiator which isn't too important but almost everything else is upgraded on the car so he wanted to watch it.

I thought this was a stupid gague to get but went with my tuner's advise. I am very happy with the choice because sometimes I do run a little hot.

DUB
    Isn't the temperature gauge already built into the dash just a water temp gauge?

yeah but i was told i wanted a more accurate reading.I have had a couple times that i was reading 225-240 and my stock temp gauge was only reading a little over half on the dash, so i'm happy i got it. you could go with a fuel pressure gauge as well.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    People who put too many gauges in their cars are losers.

LMFAO

Yea.. that Defi is fine..... if you ever get more though... it's going to get expensive making sure they all match.

Glow**** is crap..... avoid them.

NEW Autometers are awesome (NV, Cobalt, C2, etc) with LED backlighting... and they aren't "too" badly priced.

OLD Autometers (Pro-comp, sport comp, Phantom) are crap.. avoid them.

Defi and Greddy's are awesome..... and expensive.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.