Das Boot
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Das Boot within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My new leather Redline Goods shifter boot shortened for the KB STS...

Das Boot

My new leather Redline Goods shifter boot shortened for the KB STS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Why what a small knob you have

Looks good though. Those 06= interiors are were it's at

lol that's tiny

the kartboy shifter is that low ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

it would be really weird shifting

Quote Originally Posted by ntg06 View Post
    it would be really weird shifting
    i guess you would get use to it
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

lol lil nub shifter

Yeah, it's small. This is the WC Lathe Werks knob through TiC. The KB STS is also from TiC and is the complete kit (shifter, all bushings, rear stay).

Although small I got used to it pretty quickly. As for the STS, it's a hair taller than in the picture due to the angle of each shot.

Anywho, if you're thinking about the STS I say go for it. The knob is really a matter of a) I wanted something different and b) I happened to get used to it so it doesn't make a difference (pure luck). It is a nice piece, really.

The boot was also a nice touch and a needed change -- the factory boot drooped almost all the way down to the shifter bushings/pivot points and, although black and hid that fact, I did not like it.

I took my time to install the boot. I removed the factory boot, sanded the old glue down, used Krazy Glue Gel (use the gel, it's much, much better than the regular KG and I am not a big fan of the original KG), and small binder clips. I took my time and it came out pretty nicely.
    Last edited by Big-E; 10-30-2007 at 07:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.