Gauge/Wiring questions

This is a discussion on Gauge/Wiring questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First let me say that I am completely new to wiring/electronics in cars. I have an 06 STi and I'm ...

Gauge/Wiring questions

First let me say that I am completely new to wiring/electronics in cars. I have an 06 STi and I'm trying to find the proper way to wire up my gauges (pillar gauges). Where is the best place to attach the 12V battery(+) & (-)??? I successfully installed a Blitz TT with an HKS wireharness (a few months ago) and used the red wire from the harness for the ignition 12V that one of the gauges needed but I dont know what to use for the battery + & -. What is the safest place to tap into? is either of the other wires on the HKS TT wire harness 12V + or -. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I imagine if you tap into the wires the TT is hooked up to...the gauge would stay on as long as the turbo timer is on

But it would work...

You have a lot of options actually. A very common tap is the power/ground to the clock in the clock pod, especially since its easy to pop out and get to.

I actually used the accessory outlet because it has clear and discernible positive and negative wires and turns on and off with the car= perfect. Its also very easy to get to.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying