Harness bar prototype
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Harness bar prototype within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to share some pics of my company's harness bar. I'm not try to sell these yet until I ...

Harness bar prototype

I want to share some pics of my company's harness bar. I'm not try to sell these yet until I get a vendor status. Just want some feedback on this item.
    This bar mounts behind the rear seats at the seatbelt and child seat mounts.
    We are going to change the design a little for use of different style harnesses.
    Here are some pics. I'll get pics of it installed soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like some good quality stuff man will you offer different colors? cant wait to hear more about fitment and price!
    JDMSTIBUGEYE

cute dog
    bar looks good... how much does it weigh ? how much does the stock one weigh ?
    is it a solid or hollow bar ?

wanna see how this looks when installed
    can you give us a rough price ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

We will offer a few other colors. Right now we have a black, red and blue. I will get pics of install, all specs and a rough price up soon. We are getting ready for a modified magazine cover story taking place this weekend. It will be our shop wrx against a few others at the track. The car is using this harness bar, and our own subframe brace and front and rear strut bars. I'm gonna be pretty busy getting the car ready the next few days but it will be worth it I hope.

Cool sounds like a busy weekend good luck with everything
    JDMSTIBUGEYE

Banned
    Looks like a nice finish

I like that it mounts behind the rear seats...saves room behind the front seats...it definitely looks like a quality piece though...

excuse me if I'm off a bit if its a traditional mounting area...I've only ever seen the behind the front seat bars
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Well we're back from the photo shoot with modified mag. Our bugeye will be on the cover of the jan. issue. Spring Moutain is a really nice track. Had a lot of fun out there. Nitto hooked us up with free tires!
    OK so here are some pics of the bar installed in my car.

I'm gonna weight the other one later to get an exact weight. I would guess its 3-5 pounds.

Looks good
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

can you show how the bar is mounted into the trunk. My concern is flipping of the bar in a frontal impact. It looks like only one small mount to prevent it.

Also was is the type of weld used on the bar? Does it pass any racing standards etc?
    Last edited by WRXcelration; 11-05-2007 at 10:07 PM.
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration View Post
    can you show how the bar is mounted into the trunk. My concern is flipping of the bar in a frontal impact. It looks like only one small mount to prevent it.

Also was is the type of weld used on the bar? Does it pass any racing standards etc?
    Along with mounting at the seatbelt location it mounts to all three child seat mounts. If you take the plastic cover off one of them you'll see a bolt holding the child seat bracket in place. We replace those bolts with the ones used to mount the brace. If you look up inside the truck you can see the bottom end of these three mounting points. I can get more pics up. As far as passing any racing standards, we haven't made it that far yet.

Quote Originally Posted by awdtoy View Post
    Along with mounting at the seatbelt location it mounts to all three child seat mounts. If you take the plastic cover off one of them you'll see a bolt holding the child seat bracket in place. We replace those bolts with the ones used to mount the brace. If you look up inside the truck you can see the bottom end of these three mounting points. I can get more pics up. As far as passing any racing standards, we haven't made it that far yet.
    Ok no problem, have you done any testing w/ the bar such as accidental and flex. What is the bar made of cromoly hollow?etc also what kind of welding is used mig tig? I would be interested in a psm painted bar to match my car
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.