New 07 WRX, but no AUX jack... now what?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on New 07 WRX, but no AUX jack... now what? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just recently bought 2007 WRX. The stereo has a button on it that says AUX, but there is no ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7

    New 07 WRX, but no AUX jack... now what?

    I just recently bought 2007 WRX. The stereo has a button on it that says AUX, but there is no jack of any kind on the dash or in the ash tray.

    I'm wondering if that means that the stereo is AUX able but just doesn't have a jack, or what? Does this mean I'm gonna have to go to an electronics store to have it wired with an AUX jack?

    If so, does anyone know if I can just get some kind of Subaru made jack that fits in the ash tray, or something like that?

    Help me feed the need for ITunes while I'm flying.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Nate for Real; 10-15-2007 at 06:45 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2
    check the center console maybe?

  4. #3
    Registered User Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    373
    on the '07 if the aux jack isn't in the ashtray, it's not in the car... you can get that part from a dealer, and it has the harness that runs to the back of the radio which should have the aux connection (fair assumption cause it has the aux button). personally i'd pony up for a decent aftermarket deck that would make the whole process easier (you're gonna have to take your stock radio out anyway to install the plug) and maybe even find a radio that has direct connection to an ipod so you don't have to fumble with your mp3 player while you're driving. just a thought (or three).
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

  5. #4
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    I had thought all 2007 WRXs had it. I think it is mounted in the center console armrest in the impreza models.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    personally i'd pony up for a decent aftermarket deck that would make the whole process easier (you're gonna have to take your stock radio out anyway to install the plug) and maybe even find a radio that has direct connection to an ipod so you don't have to fumble with your mp3 player while you're driving. just a thought (or three).
    good thought. i'm not sure however which faces fit well in place of the factory stereo that i have now. i guess i would be interested in a deck that just has all basic stereo capabilities and a direct connect to my ipod or maybe even all that and a nav system. any suggestions on well priced faces that are easy to use and have those features?

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Morton, IL
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate for Real View Post
    any suggestions on well priced faces that are easy to use and have those features?
    i bought a relatively cheap (less than $200) deck back in august. its an alpine, and it has a ipod cable (had to buy separately) you can hook up to it. very easy to use.

    keep in mind that you will have a rather large where your factory deck was, and i havent seen too many good looking decks that are that large. you could always put a dvd screen in there to fill the hole though.

    oh, and the AUX jack is below the A/C controls next to the cigarette lighter. i thought they all had it, but who knows. . .

  8. #7
    Registered User Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    I had thought all 2007 WRXs had it. I think it is mounted in the center console armrest in the impreza models.
    nope. trust me, my '07 impreza is sitting in my driveway. ashtray.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

  9. #8
    Registered User Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by defkorn View Post
    i bought a relatively cheap (less than $200) deck back in august. its an alpine, and it has a ipod cable (had to buy separately) you can hook up to it. very easy to use.

    keep in mind that you will have a rather large where your factory deck was, and i havent seen too many good looking decks that are that large. you could always put a dvd screen in there to fill the hole though.
    there are plenty of kits to make a nice pocket below the radio (or above, depending on how you want to mount it), and subaru also offers a little flip door kit that matches your dash color if you want a more 'finished' look.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

  10. #9
    Registered User RDB81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate for Real View Post
    good thought. i'm not sure however which faces fit well in place of the factory stereo that i have now. i guess i would be interested in a deck that just has all basic stereo capabilities and a direct connect to my ipod or maybe even all that and a nav system. any suggestions on well priced faces that are easy to use and have those features?
    Any single DIN Head unit will slide nicely into your dash. I went with an Alpine with the IPOD hook up, its worth every penny. The stock speakers actually sound decent as apposed to horrible with the stock unit.

  11. #10
    Registered User Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by RDB81 View Post
    Any single DIN Head unit will slide nicely into your dash. I went with an Alpine with the IPOD hook up, its worth every penny. The stock speakers actually sound decent as apposed to horrible with the stock unit.
    you know, i found that, too... i'm surprised at just how much better the stock speakers sound with the aftermarket head unit... i mean i know they're not great, but when you consider how shallow they are and how little clearance there is inside the door for aftermarket speakers, i'm actually ok with them for the time being.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

  12. #11
    Registered User jma_1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate for Real View Post
    I just recently bought 2007 WRX. The stereo has a button on it that says AUX, but there is no jack of any kind on the dash or in the ash tray.

    I'm wondering if that means that the stereo is AUX able but just doesn't have a jack, or what? Does this mean I'm gonna have to go to an electronics store to have it wired with an AUX jack?

    If so, does anyone know if I can just get some kind of Subaru made jack that fits in the ash tray, or something like that?

    Help me feed the need for ITunes while I'm flying.

    Thanks
    you sure you have '07? i saw an '06 wagon the other day that didnt have an aux jack, and had the rearview mirror with all the remote function buttons on it. guy said that how he purchased it new, so it wasnt a 'mod'.

    whereas my '07 does have the aux jack, in the ashtray, and none of the buttons on the mirror.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3

    Smile any solution found?

    Hi... just got an 07 WRX and it does not have an Aux input by the lighter... has anyone found a way to hook up an iPod without changing the stock head unit? I'd like to keep everything looking stock, and will only change head units as a last resort...

  14. #13
    Registered User teewrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    33
    I too would like to keep the stock unit in my "06 wagon, and add an ipod connector -- does a SUBARU kit exist to do that?
    2006 CGM Wagon/2005 Lotus Elise/2002 Outback

  15. #14
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,447
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teewrx View Post
    I too would like to keep the stock unit in my "06 wagon, and add an ipod connector -- does a SUBARU kit exist to do that?
    Do you have the single din or double din? If you have the double Din you can swap to an 07 unit with the aux and hook it up that way. Otherwise I think the FM hookup is your next best bet.

    Personally I just changed the stock HU out.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  16. #15
    Registered User Peckz07reX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    25
    I have an 07 WRX and as long as it IS an 07, and not a TR, there should be an aux jack in the ash tray....If you don't have it it means you have an 06 or a TR...Personally though, you're not missing much, as was already said, the quality through that jack kind of sucks, and I noticed this before I changed the head unit (after which it sounded 10x better for everything). I went with a pioneer avic D3 that made the interior look a lot better, has plenty of functions (satellite radio, navigation, dvd playback, even a few cool gauges) and also got an iPod cable - it wasn't the cheapest option, but everything (even radio) sounds like I invested in new speakers. I'd reallty recommend a new head unit because it can do a lot for the interior and the sound quality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •