These seats are killing me!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on These seats are killing me!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 07 WRX wagon with the cloth seats and good god, they are so uncomfortable. Anything longer than ...

These seats are killing me!!!

I have a 07 WRX wagon with the cloth seats and good god, they are so uncomfortable. Anything longer than a trip to the supermarket, and I get back problems.

I want to know what people have done to get a seat into this car to make it livable. Something like a direct swap with a nice leather/heated SVW seat do-able? Of course it is, but, what is realistic. Bolt-ins from Scooby off a forester, Outback, Brat? C'mon, I can't be the only one...

What do you sit in!?!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get 02-03 seats!! ftw!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

Seats from any 02-07 Impreza will bolt right in to your car. The Legacy\Outback Seats might be the same bolt pattern as well.
    I think the Forester seats sit a little higher so that might cause headroom problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    get 02-03 seats!! ftw!
    they honestly are the most comfortable stock seats ive EVAR sat in. srsly.
    Quote Originally Posted by STiBOi View Post
    Could it still be considered a sex toy if you get off from driving it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I loved my 02-05 civic Si seats. I personally prefered my 05 seats to my 03 seats.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

interesting... i had an '03 WRX, an '04 STi, and now my '07 wagon... and i didn't find any of them to be unbearable. now, i don't like my new seats as much as i liked my '07 Si seats, but it's not that much of a difference. *shrug* i guess that's me... but now that i think about it, i really did like my '05 LGT seats, but maybe that's cause of the butt warmers.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

see mine are really comfrontable..but they dont hold u in place as well as 04+wrx seats...i want to get 04+wrx seats!!!even though they are less comfortable!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    see mine are really comfrontable..but they dont hold u in place as well as 04+wrx seats...i want to get 04+wrx seats!!!even though they are less comfortable!
    Why not just get an aftermarket race seat if your main concern is being strapped in.

I'm not a big fan of my seats either. I have pretty bad neck problems and i don't feel that they support my spinal cord well. I might be looking into a WRX Limited Leather package soon though cuz i've sat in one of those and they are plush.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    I really like the current 2.5i seats. I find them more supportive for long trips than my '06 WRX seats. The WRX seats have better bolsters and look cooler, but I prefer the headrest and upper back portion of the 2.5i buckets. Ideally, the seat bottom would be longer for long-legged folk like me. My thighs and lower back kill me after a few hours in my car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

The seats in my 04 are terrible. Too wide for performance driving and cause back pain after more than 45 min or so.

The ass placement area of the seat is frayed to hell from me sliding around on turns, car has 18k on it. Anyone know if I can get that warrantied? (not a joke)
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    The seats in my 04 are terrible. Too wide for performance driving and cause back pain after more than 45 min or so.

The ass placement area of the seat is frayed to hell from me sliding around on turns, car has 18k on it. Anyone know if I can get that warrantied? (not a joke)
    I got 78k on my '04. I'm in pain on anything over 15 mins... my commute is 40.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Why not just get an aftermarket race seat if your main concern is being strapped in.

You'd lose the airbags though, that's a major minus IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    You'd lose the airbags though, that's a major minus IMO.
    I completely agree. However, for some reason that I can't explain, I don't think wrxisthebest is concerned.

To the OP, here is my $.02. I would assume that swapping in seats from another Subaru would be easiest since they would bolt right up (maybe?). So, sit in some other seats (Legacy, Forrester, etc) and see if you like any of those better, double check the compatibility and order them up.

Crossing over to the darkside here i know but... the evo IX recaros are amazing and are cheaper than racing buckets all you need is recaro seat brakets just another option
    JDMSTIBUGEYE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast