Subaru WRX Forum banner

What are the wires under our seats?

14K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  PookdizzleHTK 
#1 ·
I have a 04 wrx wagon that does not have heated seats. There are however wires that run from the center console to the seats, wraped in black plastic. Can't figure out what they are for since the seats aren't power seats.. Could it be that the car is wired for heated seats but just doesn't have the controls?

curious.

#8 ·
There are weight/seat-belt sensors in both the front seats... even in 04 models.

The weight/air-bag thing I'm not sure about in the 04 but that weight/airbag feature was created protect smaller kids/people from being injured by airbag deployment.

And no, there are no seat heaters in the 04s.

#9 ·
There will be a wire atached to your seatbelt that detects if your seatbelt is buckled and is connected in the SRS unit so if your not buckled in the airbags wont deploy kinda one of those thigs like "I wanna die.....im not going to wear my seat belt" then your cars senses that and says wish granted. And of course the airbag sensor the airbag sensor is yellow ALWAYS the other black one is the seat belt one idk if there are anyother ones those are the 2 that i have seen in every car ive worked on (of course I work at Honda) but i figure all cars are similar

#10 ·
The side impact Airbags are inside the seat, and I think that wire is for those. The seat belt sensor comes right out of the buckle as I recall. Those are the only wires attached to the seat in my 04 wagon (Switched them out for 04 STI seats and those were the only ones I had to deal with).

JH

#16 ·
could it be the subwoofer wire harness? my 02 wrx has one under the seat even though I dont have one. just like the harness for the trunk light on an Sti trunk. I think all the cars are generally the same made with all the same wires and harnesses and just depending on which model you have the just plug stuff up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.