Bluetooth Car Kit Wiring ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Car Kit Wiring ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have installed a Motorola BT Carkit (HF850). One of the wires can be attached to the stereo to send ...

Bluetooth Car Kit Wiring ?

I have installed a Motorola BT Carkit (HF850). One of the wires can be attached to the stereo to send the call through the car speakers. I need to find out which wire on the back of the stock unit I attach to.

I talked to one installer and he said to use an SRS capable test light and ,with the radio on, probe each wire until I hit a wire where the sound goes off, then hit it again and it goes on. Supposed to have something to do with switching from radio to CD.

Anyways I did this but no results.

Any thoughts on which wire is the right one?
    2002 Silver Wagon
    5SPD
    Options: Short Throw, Turbo Gauge, Premium Sound, Security Upgrade, Auto Dim, Filter kit, Armrest Extension, Bumper Protector, Cargo Net & Tray

Modifications: N/A

Other Rides:
    1991 Honda VFR
    1994 Isuzu Trooper
    2007 Subaru Tribeca

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you might wanna google for an adapter harness -- i had one for my tacoma: toyota to bt kit to alpine... plug and play, no splicing, hunting down wires etc. now... to find one for the wrx to bt kit to jvc...

DO you have an aftermarket radio? If you do then you are looking for the brown tele mute wire to turn off the radio and then you need to tap into the car speaker wires to send the output to the car speakers. On an aftermaret harness you are looking for green, purple, brown, and grey combinaitions for the speakers.
    If you do not have an aftermarket deck the simplest thing to do is go buy an aftermarket wiring harness for your car, then you plug it in and look at which wire the brown tele mute wire is on the factory harness. You can also do the same thing with the speaker wires. It cost about 15 bucks, but it makes life a whole lot simpler.

I quit being lazy and got the information for the factory harness. This is the break down of the wires on the factory harness. This is all assuming that you have the factory deck, you might have to find another way to kill the deck because there is no tele mute for the factory deck.

Radio 12v blue/red + radio harness
    Radio Ground black - radio harness
    Radio Ignition yellow/green + radio harness
    Radio Illumination purple + radio harness
    Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
    Power Antenna N/A
    LF Speaker +/- green - brown/white +,- radio harness
    RF Speaker +/- white/black - red/yellow +,- radio harness
    LR Speaker +/- red/black - white/red +,- radio harness
    RR Speaker +/- red/white - blue/yellow +,- radio harness
    Last edited by devilduck54; 10-05-2007 at 07:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.