alternator whine
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on alternator whine within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this when upgrading. I have an 06 wrx and put in new amps, ...

alternator whine

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this when upgrading. I have an 06 wrx and put in new amps, deck, subs. My component speakers up front are putting out a terrible alt. whine. An audio guy said that happened when he put in new amps/speakers in his girlfreinds impreza.

Anyone have this experience? If so, any suggestions on how to fix it? And by the way, I compleltely went through all the wiring and hookups, everything is fine. The audio guy suggested buying a new amp. Its also grounded fine. Had a few people look at it.
    Last edited by mk1111; 10-02-2007 at 03:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This happened on my husband's transam

If I recall correctly, the whine came as a result of running the speaker wires next to the power cables. Not sure if this causes the interference but the whine went away once we ran the power on one side of the car and the speakerwire on the other side. Might be worth a try. It's been a while but I'm pretty certain that's how we got the whine to go away. Good luck dude!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

zio
    Try either running a wire from your stereo ground to the amp ground, but not close to the power wire. That helped a lot for me but there was still some noise there. So my installer tried a ground loop isolator with no luck. What finally works sounds a little weird, but ground a wire then on the back of the deck touch the outside part of the rca's one at a time with that wire while you can here the noise. When you get to the one that killed the noise ground it and your done. I think my installer added a coupler or something to ground it but you can tape it i guess. Hope this helps cuz I know that noise is annoying.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.