Amp for stockers?

This is a discussion on Amp for stockers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What kinda amp should i use to power my stock speakers? Im removing the head unit in place for a ...

Amp for stockers?

What kinda amp should i use to power my stock speakers? Im removing the head unit in place for a CarPC and need to power the speakers with an amp.
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you plan on upgradeing to better speakers later on?
    if so may as well shell out the bucks now for a amp that has a good amount of power. the worst thing you can do is be underpowered with high end aftermarket speakers.

i think the stock front speakers can handle maybe 50W's i don't know about those rear speakers. i guess you can just turn the gain down on the rear speakers and you'll be good to go. i wouldn't push much then 75w's to the stock speakers.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    do you plan on upgradeing to better speakers later on?
    if so may as well shell out the bucks now for a amp that has a good amount of power. the worst thing you can do is be underpowered with high end aftermarket speakers.

i think the stock front speakers can handle maybe 50W's i don't know about those rear speakers. i guess you can just turn the gain down on the rear speakers and you'll be good to go. i wouldn't push much then 75w's to the stock speakers.
    No plans for better speakers right now or near future... jus need amp to power stockers..

So if i purchased just a inexpensive 4 ch amp rated at 200 watts that would be 4 x 50w channels right?

And a 300w would be a 4 x 75w?

is 75 pushing it already and i should just go for the 4 x 50w amp to be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainFrame View Post
    So if i purchased just a inexpensive 4 ch amp rated at 200 watts that would be 4 x 50w channels right?

And a 300w would be a 4 x 75w?

is 75 pushing it already and i should just go for the 4 x 50w amp to be safe?
    go with the 50x4. but be forewarned...you'll be kicking yourself if in fact you decide to upgrade your speakers
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011