air/fuel gauge

This is a discussion on air/fuel gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I am looking to put an air/fuel gauge in my car now I know for it to be more ...

air/fuel gauge

Hey I am looking to put an air/fuel gauge in my car now I know for it to be more than a light show it needs to be a widband O2 sensor. If I get the wideband O2 sensor is that all I need to do or do I even have to buy one or is there another way to hook the gauge up so it will read accuratly. And one more question what if I bought a narrowband gauge and tried hooking it up to a wideband O2 sensor? BTW its an 06 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same question man. I have an 06 wrx and put the pod and three gauges in. But i'm not sure what to do about air/fuel gauge either.

Well I know you can hook it up to your O2 sensor but it is a narrowband sensor (to my understanding) so in other words it will basically be a light show. On the gauge you bought does it say if it is for a narrow band O2 sensor or a wide band O2 sensor. Do you just need help with the install or same question as me?

You had two questions, but ya I have the same questions as you plus, the location as where exactly to put the 02 sensor? I wish some other people from Club WRX could come answer our questions. lol

my gauges are: air/fuel with voltage that is like the light show, and I want it going too. Turbo, and exhaust temperature. The pod is in, and the electrical is all wired. but they haven't been hooked up to the turbo or the exhaust yet.
    Have you done this yet? I could use some advice.

you cannot just throw a wideband O2 sensor in and plug it up to the computer and splice in the gauge wires. Most widebabd setups have a seperate sensor that just hooks up to the A/F gauge. The difference between wideband and narrow band: wideband reads from 0-5 volts so there is the ability to have a more accurate reading (less interference), while narrowband is 0-1 volt which with funky grounding is less accurate.

the place to wire up the O2 to the stock O2 sensor A/F meter, Oil Pressure, and boost guage.... INSTALL GUIDE

hope this helps
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    In my 04, I hooked up the A/F wire(narrowband) directly to the ECM. It works great. I spliced it into the white wire in the B19 harness. I have a wiring diagram for it. Not sure if it's the same for 06 though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04WRX-wiring.jpg  
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Where did you get this diagram? cuz if I had one for th 06 WRX i bet it would help. I'm kinda scared since to try it that way, since my car is my baby. lol I just don't wanna screw anything up. I read a thread in the link from the post before this one, saying not to even do air fuel because it will cause many problems. Have you had any problems with the check engine light and readings since doing yours?

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craiger184 View Post
    Where did you get this diagram? cuz if I had one for th 06 WRX i bet it would help. I'm kinda scared since to try it that way, since my car is my baby. lol I just don't wanna screw anything up. I read a thread in the link from the post before this one, saying not to even do air fuel because it will cause many problems. Have you had any problems with the check engine light and readings since doing yours?
    One of my buddies used to work for Subaru. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere if it's different for 06. Don't sweat DIY, it's easy. I dont have any CELs because I have a Cobb AP. Not sure if it would throw any anyways though.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods