You know that haze that forms on the inside of the windshield?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on You know that haze that forms on the inside of the windshield? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What the heck causes that haze? Is it stinky breath vapors clinging to the glass? Body odor? Sweat molecules? What ...

  1. #1
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Registered User Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    301

    You know that haze that forms on the inside of the windshield?

    What the heck causes that haze? Is it stinky breath vapors clinging to the glass? Body odor? Sweat molecules? What is it???

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,302
    I Support ClubWRX
    A mixture of dirt and volatiles from the plastics on the inside of the car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Great Salt City of Utah
    Posts
    0
    smoking

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    682
    Not cleaning your windshield for a long time.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

    '06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

    Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

  6. #5
    Registered User yo vanilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    appleton, wi
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    A mixture of dirt and volatiles from the plastics on the inside of the car.
    +1 . how old is your car? hopefully it will start to occurr less with age
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

  7. #6
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Registered User Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
    +1 . how old is your car? hopefully it will start to occurr less with age
    Mine's an '07 so I'm wiping off the haze every few days. Volatiles...I like that term. "I ate at the Indian restaurant the other day and now I'm off-gassing some volatiles."

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Mine's an '07 so I'm wiping off the haze every few days. Volatiles...I like that term. "I ate at the Indian restaurant the other day and now I'm off-gassing some volatiles."

    that'd be your stock blow off valve
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0284
    TwoThousandSeven WRX TR..

  9. #8
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,405
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should change your cabin air filter. That haze starts to form when your filter becomes plugged or inadequate at filtering it out.

    Its $40 and recommended service is like every 12k miles.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  10. #9
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,302
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can remove the old filter, take it to a hardware store, and find a HEPA filter that either fits or can be made to fit by cutting for 1/4 the price. Next, install the filter with a laundry dryer freshener sheet and your cabin will have filtered air with a hint of lavender for much less money.


    Meanwhile, the plastics in the dash will still produce volatiles.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  11. #10
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,405
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    You can remove the old filter, take it to a hardware store, and find a HEPA filter that either fits or can be made to fit by cutting for 1/4 the price. Next, install the filter with a laundry dryer freshener sheet and your cabin will have filtered air with a hint of lavender for much less money.


    Meanwhile, the plastics in the dash will still produce volatiles.
    SD_GR never ceases to amaze me
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  12. #11
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Meanwhile, the plastics in the dash will still produce volatiles.
    meh. I personally produce more than they do.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  13. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Read something interesting the other day. You dont by chance leave your car on the defrost selection all the time do you?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  14. #13
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Registered User Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Read something interesting the other day. You dont by chance leave your car on the defrost selection all the time do you?
    No, I've been running climate control on the "auto" A/C setting.

    Could my cabin air filter be dirty already? I only have about 5K miles on the car. It's 3 months old.

  15. #14
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,800
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    No, I've been running climate control on the "auto" A/C setting.

    Could my cabin air filter be dirty already? I only have about 5K miles on the car. It's 3 months old.
    I doubt it. Basically anything that is in the car (even the interior of the car itself), emits vapors (ever have a drink in your car?). Especially when the car (and everything in it) bakes in the sun & summer heat... Just you sitting in the car, breathing, perspiring, burping, etc. adds to stuff in your car that comes to rest on the interior of you car windows.

    Unless this is problem that causes you to have to clean the inside tof your windows more then once a week... it's perfectly normal.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


  16. #15
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Registered User Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I doubt it. Basically anything that is in the car (even the interior of the car itself), emits vapors (ever have a drink in your car?). Especially when the car (and everything in it) bakes in the sun & summer heat... Just you sitting in the car, breathing, perspiring, burping, etc. adds to stuff in your car that comes to rest on the interior of you car windows.

    Unless this is problem that causes you to have to clean the inside tof your windows more then once a week... it's perfectly normal.
    Gross.

    I clean my windows every 2-3 days. I'm hyper-acutely aware of dirty glass though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •