A/F gauge

This is a discussion on A/F gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; has anyone installled one of these themselves? if so can you post diretions? i was talking to y friend and ...

A/F gauge

has anyone installled one of these themselves? if so can you post diretions? i was talking to y friend and he was telling me that i need a wiring diagram for my car so i can do it. is it worth doing it my self or having a proffesional doing it. i need to install a boost gauge as well. i have the stock one but im going to install a double pod for the sftermarket boost and A/F.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont you just put the thingie in the dp for the a/f guage ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by speed13a View Post
    has anyone installled one of these themselves? if so can you post diretions? i was talking to y friend and he was telling me that i need a wiring diagram for my car so i can do it. is it worth doing it my self or having a proffesional doing it. i need to install a boost gauge as well. i have the stock one but im going to install a double pod for the sftermarket boost and A/F.
    so transfer the wiring/vac. from the 'stock' one, to the new one..
    A/F gauge.. well, if it's a narrow band AFR, then it's #1: worthless, #2: worthless, #3 neat to look at for about 2 minutes.
    There's usually 4 wires.. red=12vdc, black=ground, white=illumination, green or purple or gray=signal (tag this to the OE oxygen sensor signal wire.

if it's a wideband setup, that should be left to a professional, if you're asking.. It's not hard at all, but..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

i have a wide band O2 sensor so does it matter if it is a norrow band A/F guage. it says "real-time level measure on your vehicles air/fuel ratio

I Support ClubWRX
    yes, it matters..
    narrow band readings are in the range of 0v-.9v
    wide band readings are in the range of 0v-5v

so you can see where it wont work.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft