Silence Door open chime in less than a minute NO CUTTING and PICTURES

This is a discussion on Silence Door open chime in less than a minute NO CUTTING and PICTURES within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i decided i hate when im working on my car and the door chime keeps going off. I have ...

Silence Door open chime in less than a minute NO CUTTING and PICTURES

So i decided i hate when im working on my car and the door chime keeps going off. I have searched all the forums and found tutorials on taking the steering colum aprt pulling wires cutting etc. I was looking for a quick fix even a temporary fix when i came across an idea i have not found on another site if this is posted somewhere else please excuse me then

Step one locate door sensor

Step two unscrew the one and only screw

Step three unplug the only wire and connector

Now here i zip-tied the wire so that once I re install this i will not lose the wire and connector in the body of the car forever or at least i dont have to fish for it

Now just put it all back together with the one screw and you will still have the stock look and yet you will not have that annoying door chime
    Last edited by Feezor; 08-28-2007 at 09:52 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice!! I'll be doing that 2morrow. Thanks
    I drink more brewstas than punky

DUB
    Doesn't that keep the dome light from coming on when the door is opened? Doesn't it also keep the little red display in the console from telling you when the door is open?

the dome light will stay on until you put the key in the ignition put you can flip the switch and the light wont come on, on the dash but i use this as a temporary fix when working under the dash or if the light on the dash and the light turning off when you put the key in the ignition doesnt bug you its great. Your dome light still comes on when you unlock the car and when you put the key in the ignition to start the car it goes off im looking for a wayto hook up the dome light to the pass. side of the car when i figure that out i will let you know

After having this mod for a full day and night I noticed that the dome light functions normally. When i unlock the car the dome light will stay on until i start the car or it will turn off after the 30 or so seconds it stays on normally sorry for the confusion