head unit removal in an 06 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on head unit removal in an 06 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've done a search ,looked in the faqs , and looked in cockpit and cabin. Could someone please tell me ...

gil

head unit removal in an 06 wrx

I've done a search ,looked in the faqs , and looked in cockpit and cabin. Could someone please tell me where to start removing screws or parts ,because I don't see any screws. Thanks in advance for helpful info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok, the first thing you need to remove is the dash panel that goes around your shifter and boot. There are no screws there, it just pops off. Pry (with your fingers) from the point closest to the cup holders, and should just pop right up.

Once thats off, you will see a dash panel that covers the HVAC and your stereo. At the bottom of that panel are two philips head screws... remove them.

This part takes courage! Pry up from the point where you removed the screws to remove that panel. It feels like it DOES NOT WANT TO GO!!!! Just do it, and be gentle.. it will pop off, and it won't break. I've done it about 20 times.

Now, you will see your head unit, and there are 6 phillips screws that hold the head unit and tray (or 6-disc) to the car. Remove those, and slide the unit out. Have fun!
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

gil
    Thanks I really appreciate the quick response , because it's going to get dark in about an hour so I'm getting to work on it.

No problem. It really should take more than 5 min! Good luck
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.