Key Chime

This is a discussion on Key Chime within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know how to disable the repeating chime that sounds when you have the key in the ACC or ...

DUB

Key Chime

Does anyone know how to disable the repeating chime that sounds when you have the key in the ACC or ON position with the drivers door open?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Does anyone know how to disable the repeating chime that sounds when you have the key in the ACC or ON position with the drivers door open?
    Go to the bottom of this thread for a post by pearwear: http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3077

I'm currently trying to figure this one out myself, can't seem to find the darker green connector or the white connector. Still searching under the dash. Just completed the "one click opens all five doors" mod and it works (posts above Pearwear's in that thread).

-Paul

DUB
    Right on, thanks a ton for the link.

I also plan on doing the "fog lights w/ parking lights only" mod. I guess I will have to have a 'cut wires under the dash' day sometime soon.

DUB
    Paul, I couldn't find this connector either:

On the 5th post notice the first image and all the way to the right is a small darker green connector. To the right of this is a white connector. It will have 4 pins in it, and this is what controls the green keyring LED and chime.
    Have you figured it out yet???

This was done on an 06 STi. I have an 03 WRX, do you think the connector is different?

To make the key chime stop you have to disconnect the wire. Its the rubber peice on the inside of the driver door. Its in one of these forums pic by pic. but its held in by a philps screw. When you take it off you should zip tie it to the peice so it doesnt fall down the door.

DUB
    Yeah, I have seen (and posted on) that thread. But I don't want to do it that way because then the car doesn't know when the door is open.

By unplugging the wire in the door frame switch you lose the dome light and door ajar indicator lamp. Also, I'm not sure about this, but the car alarm would no longer know if someone had opened the drivers door.

I want to find the wire that tells the piezo speaker to beep when the key is in w/ the door open.

I read in a post that if you put the buckle in and out of the seat belt holder, i think 20 times or more within 30 seconds from the key in the on position in disarms the annoying beep.

I tried it this morning and it worked. I held the red release button on the seatbelt lock and stuck the belt in and out really fast for a thirty count. And sure enough the beeping is gone. I have an 06 so it might be different for other models. Give it a shot- if it doesn't work, you've only lost 30 seconds of your life. But if it does work, let us know.

DUB
    Thanks, but you are talking about the "put your seatbelt on, dummy" chime. I am talking about the "your about to lock your keys in the car cause they're still in the ignition w/ the drivers door open, dummy" chime.

I was talking about the seat belt chime- my bad.

A little late but you guys might be refering to my tutorial i guess if you want to call it that Silence Door open chime in less than a minute NO CUTTING and PICTURES yes but as i stated I used this as a tempory trick when working under the dash and at the same time wanting to listen to music. The only way that I have found is to simply cover the speaker with tape or something this is the only conclusion I have come to yet have stoped myself from doing it for the obvious reasons. If you did or ever do find a fix for this I would be interested to know seeing as how I still can only use my temporary fix It works good but annoting to do from time to time